Thread: Looking for a Horny Yellow Lab-

Default Looking for a Horny Yellow Lab-

I have a beautiful female Yellow Lab who retrieved 90 ducks last season.
    She just came into heat and will be ready to breed within a week.
    I'm looking for a good yellow lab male with a nice broad head and good hunting instincts to breed her.
    I live in Chugiak, just outside of Eagle River-

If you have a hunting yellow dog who fits the bill, send me a pm-

:} DL

PS- Must be AKC registered- Pick of the litter would be yours.

Does she have any of her health clearances done? That's just as important as being AKC registered......probably more so in my opinion.

Thumbs up PM Sent

Sent you a PM. Give me a call.
    thanks.
    Death is like an old whore in a bar--I'll buy her a drink but I won't go upstairs with her.

I've got a black lab that otherwise fits the bill that I've been looking to breed, registered and hips certified. (Eagle River)

If interested PM me.

Default Stud Dog

I sent you a pm earlier, just wanted to make sure you got it with the server issues.

Cool Wrong Forum...

Shouldn't this be in the Canine Personal Ads???

I have a 2 yr old, 3yr in Aug lab that I just had cut... AKC and all... I had enough of the "let him out and run like he!! to get to the lady up the hill". Now all he wants to do is fetch and be petted!!

Now you have me second guessing my decision.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    When all else fails...ask your old-man.

AKArcher

Archer, you did the right thing by you and your dog. I personally cant believe the forum has allowed this to remain on here! If your needing stud service you go to a reputable person who knows pedigree's, health clearances and working ability, not a outdoors forum begging for the best looking dog that comes along.
    "In the interest of protecting my privacy I will no longer be accepting Private Messages generated from this site and if you email me, it better be good!"

Quote Originally Posted by Huntress View Post
    I personally cant believe the forum has allowed this to remain on here!
    We're supposed to police who folks breed their dogs with? I do believe that's a bit beyond our role here.

Incidentally, this forum is a pretty decent way to get in contact with "reputable" people. There are folks here who make their living with dogs, so it doesn't seem like such a bad place to solicit.

Default Thanks

I apologize if my post ruffled any feathers, but the responses I got were very helpful, for which I thank the forum.
    With luck, I will have a litter of good yellow (or black) hunting pups some time around June.
    (Both dogs will see a vet before the nuptuals)

PS- If I'd known about the need to engage a professional before breeding......
    Shoot, I might never have married my wife, and we get along great

Just kidding-

Raven1, there are a number of genetic conditions that can afflict labrador retrievers. While they may appear to be healthy on the surface, they can be carrying genes for some pretty bad things that I know most folks wouldn't want to produce. That is why Huntress referred you to someone who might know more about those conditions.
    You can research them for yourself:
    Centronuclear myopathy
    hip dysplasia
    elbow dysplasia
    retinal dysplasia/dwarfism
    exercise induced collapse
    progressive retinal atrophy

Those are the biggies. You should also ask about frequent ear infections or itchy skin as those would be signs of allergies.

There isn't a way to be the breeding police. Folks are going to do as they please. It's really too bad for the dogs.

Brian,

I think as far as policing goes, you do a pretty good job of that in all the other forums. Why stop now .

One other note. "I " dont know one reputable breeder who would advertise their female or stud on a forum where dog breeding is not part of the topic.
    I'm sorry but the tactfulnesses was not there in the beginning Raven1, you may very well know what your doing, but to me it screamed "I just want a litter"....that to me, is bothersome. I'm so glad this is a family oriented site, this is one title I would never want my kids seeing!

Quote Originally Posted by Brian M View Post
    We're supposed to police who folks breed their dogs with? I do believe that's a bit beyond our role here.

Incidentally, this forum is a pretty decent way to get in contact with "reputable" people. There are folks here who make their living with dogs, so it doesn't seem like such a bad place to solicit.
    "In the interest of protecting my privacy I will no longer be accepting Private Messages generated from this site and if you email me, it better be good!"

Default If it doesn't work out..

Send me a PM.

We have a beautiful AKC yellow lab that would love to court a female.

He comes from a long line of local hunting stock. Recent vet check, certified hips, etc...

I love my frog dog.