Thread: Polaris Ranger 4x4 or 6x6?

Default Polaris Ranger 4x4 or 6x6?

I recently sold my 8x8 Argo with the intentions on replacing it with a Polaris Ranger. I am looking for opinions on which is better, the 4x4 version or the 6x6 version. I will be purchasing new and am only interested in the 700EFI motor. I am also interested in hearing experiences durning all seasons. I will be using this rig in the winter and in the summer. Has anyone ever put tracks on either a 4x4 or 6x6 ranger? How do they perform in the snow?

Valley trash.....and proud of it.

I'd go 6x6. we use them at bear camp every year and that extra axle is nice. As for snow, we havent tried the tracks but my buddy has thought about getting some.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Default Go 6X6

My buddy in Eagle River has the 6X6 with tracks. It is truely unbelieveable. He got the Polaris Tracks and has had good luck with them - they have held up well with no problems. It is much harder to turn with the tracks so give yourself extra room. He did snap a tie rod when he hit an underwater stump in a big bog. He didn't know it was a stump and had hooked the front wheel so when he gassed it it snapped the tie rod. Delayed us about 12 hours but we fixed it in the woods after he took my 4 wheeler and went to Wasilla and got a part. Even the 6X6 without tracks is impressive for carrying a load and not getting stuck.