Thread: Boat capacity plate

Default Boat capacity plate

Trying to find out some information because I have noticed that airboats do not have a boat capacity plate on them are they exempt ? The only thing I could find was this on a google search,

Boats exempt from having to display a capacity plate include pontoon boats sailboats, canoes, kayaks, inflatables, hydroplanes, personal watercraft, and boats considered by the Commission to be of unusual or unique design.

If I need one where or how do I get one ? There were only 2 boats built like mine in the state by this individual.
    PEOPLE SAY I HAVE A.D.D I DON'T UNDERSTA.....OH LOOK A MOOSE !!!

I don't know why they don't have them but your last statement would seem to have said it all based on your previous statements. Only 2 would seem like unique or unusual imo.

That's what I thought also , But I will do some calling around in the morning
    PEOPLE SAY I HAVE A.D.D I DON'T UNDERSTA.....OH LOOK A MOOSE !!!

Could it be your boats are not C.G aprove?

How long is the boat? I once read that boats longer than 20 feet are not required to have capacity or max. horse power plates attached.
    Tennessee

I have the same problem with my boat, no name plate and the company that built her is out of business.

Default Boat capacity plates

At the risk of adding confusion, try this link http://uscgboating.org/safety/boatbu...ng_landing.htm
    I've not dived into this issue, so I cannot speak to it authoritatively; however, if you have more questions, I can refer you to the appropriate person with the CG. Mike (907) 463-2297

Quote Originally Posted by Snowwolfe View Post
    How long is the boat? I once read that boats longer than 20 feet are not required to have capacity or max. horse power plates attached.
    That is true.