Thread: Shepherd Scopes

Default Shepherd Scopes

Anyone have experinece with this line of optics?

I helped a guy at the range who had one, in my opinion a piece of junk. Very poor optics, the gadgetry irrelevant if you can't see squat with the glass. I have had good luck with a Swarvoski TDS reticle scope for long shots mountain hunting, all my other scopes are Leupolds.Iwould not trust a hunt on a Shepherd scope, ever!

Mark

I've got two different 300 WinMags with Shepherds on them. The scope I bought new works like a dream. The other I bought used, and apparently the previous owner used it as a wrench to snap his front scope ring into place.

I sent it to Shepherd and they fixed it at no cost, but it still has a problem with the windage adjustment.

I plan to buy a new one to replace the used one.

P.O.S.

C.R.A.P.

Huge waste of money. Here is a guy that went to a manufacturer overseas and had them do up a bunch of cheap scopes with his name on them, built to vary low standards (only because he wouldn't pay for better).
    "The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tryants." (Thomas Jefferson

Thanks....I will stick with Leupolds......

Zeiss, Swaro scopes for me when I have the money, they can not be beat especially the Zeiss Conquest line for the money. I would not buy a shepherd it truly is low quality glass for the money spent. Zeiss fast range reticle is outstanding and works and the glass is very very good.
    A GUN WRITER NEEDS:
    THE MIND OF A SCHOLAR
    THE HEART OF A CHILD
    THE HIDE OF A RHINOCEROS