Thread: Thefts in Parking Lots

Default Thefts in Parking Lots

Thought everyone might be interested...

2 weekends ago our friend had his tailgait stolen off the back of his truck and they stole everything possible out of the bed (had a camper shell on). He talked to another person in the parking lot, who also had his tailgait stolen, and this guy had a friend who came back to the Petersville parking lot to his brand new chevy after a weekend of riding, and all 4-doors & the tailgait were gone! There were a total of 6 tailgaits stolen in my friend's parking lot, basically everything available was stolen. So Please lock up everything possible and hopefully the troopers have caught em' already. This happened at mile 126 of the Parks Hwy.
    Has anyone else heard anything about this? Maybe they've been caught?

Mark

Quote Originally Posted by SperBear View Post
    .....This happened at mile 126 of the Parks Hwy.....
    Looks like a good hunting spot.

Set a blind up and sit real quiet like with a spotlight and shotgun............

Unhappy

We have this problem in CA too, that's why I have a junker tow rig for making drift boat trips on the Smith, Chetco, and Klamath rivers. I never leave anything worth taking in the rig whin out on the rivers. It's a shame to have to do it that way but that's the world we live in!!!

Hope they catch them and hang them from the nearest tree!!!!

TL

Sorry to hear this, very sick and sad. Thats not to far from my parking lot to get to my cabin! I hope a proud member of the SSS club comes along at the right time.

P.S. I am a member of the SSS club.

Default It happens way to often

Unfortunately the theft of items left in our trucks while out enjoying ourselves is a pretty common occurance. After the first theft of a bunch of gas being taken out of the back of my truck when riding up around Paxson I got the bright idea to stash the extra in the cab the next trip. This just resulted in a broken window in addition to the lost gas.
    Sadly I find myself holding my breath and anxious when coming back to the vehicles after a jaunt into the outdoors.
    Sitting behind a snow berm / bunch of alders has crossed my mind on more than one occasion. I can't imagine the end result of any situation in which I caught the guys in the act would be good though so it's best that I just try to minimize the possibility that anything of worth can be taken.

Quote Originally Posted by AKDSLDOG View Post
    Sorry to hear this, very sick and sad. Thats not to far from my parking lot to get to my cabin! I hope a proud member of the SSS club comes along at the right time.

P.S. I am a member of the SSS club.
    ME TOO!
    Even trade...tailgate for kneecap

Quote Originally Posted by Bear Buster View Post
    ME TOO!
    Even trade...tailgate for kneecap
    kneecap is to kind!

Default Game Cam

I have thought about bring a game cam along when I park in remote/lonely parking lots. It might get a good enough picture to find the guy if it happens. You could make your own wanted poster and post em at every gas station on the road. I have know law enforcement to set up game cams on gates that people break through in the national forest to get to good firewood spots.

Short of setting up a blind and waiting I don't know what else you could do.

Gotta ask, whats the SSS club?

If you see us out and about basically my whole group carries while in p-ville or anywhere else out and about due to just this sort of stuff! If you are messing with my rig and I come along I reccommend dropping what ever you got and RUNNING! Gennerally the only thing we use them on is the occasional grouse or ptarmigan.

Mark

Quote Originally Posted by jim mcleary View Post
    I have thought about bring a game cam along when I park in remote/lonely parking lots. It might get a good enough picture to find the guy if it happens. You could make your own wanted poster and post em at every gas station on the road. I have know law enforcement to set up game cams on gates that people break through in the national forest to get to good firewood spots.....
    That's actually a very good idea.

Cameras convict.

....Gotta ask, whats the SSS club?
    Shoot, shovel, and shutup.

bring the wife and have her sit in the truck and read while you are out playing.

Ray
    Semper Fi!