Thread: Bow Sight

Default Bow Sight

I'm looking for a new sight, and it is looking like I am going to go with the Trophy Ridge 3 or 5 pin. Is anyone using the sight. Are there anyother suggestions for sights?

I checked out my buddy's spot hog and that is what i'm going to. I really liked the wire down the middle. There are a few different models, I can ask what his was if your really interested. He shoots it really well. I think it gets you on target quicker with the center wire, almost like crosshairs. I always end up taking time trying to deermine if the "dot" is in the exact center of my peep. The wire takes one of the variables out of the equation. The sight is round too so you can line up the two circles. I really liked it.

I recently got a Black Gold flashpoint. It is supposed to lighten/darken with the amount of light available and I read a lot of good reviews on them. I've only shot this at an indoor range thus far, so can't comment on the brightening capabilities. So far I really like the pin setup though. I got in the .019 pins so they don't block too much of the target out.

I got the trophy ridge 5 pin site on my bow and really like how it works i payed about 94.00 for it but later went to ebay and found same thing for 40.00 buy now price.
    might get onother one for backup bow
    if i was going to buy again i would probably go with 0.29 pins instead of 0.19 becuaes it would be eaisier to center on target enstead of trying to force the small pin on bullzeye.
    only thing else i would like on site is to have more pins but that is impossible with this site
    thing i like most about it is the easy way you can move each pin with no tools. tropy ridge makes good stuff

I had a trophy ridge 5 pin sight. I liked the fact that the pins were easy to adjust. For the ranges I shot (mostly out of treestands), I probably could have been well served with just a 3 pin sight. What I did not like was the color configuration. Amber, red, amber, red, amber. Maybe it's just my eyes, but I absolutely hate red pins (but I like amber). To my eyes, they show up horribly in low light conditions. The reason I changed sights was I started using a Double Bull blind (hunting in lower 48). With the darkened interior of the blind, the pins were difficult to see, especially in low light conditions. I switched to a Cobra Sidewinder sight. It's better in low light (still has some red pins). If I were to buy another, I'd likely try a Spott Hogg or Black Gold.

I also use a 5 pin Trophy Ridge site, have used it for about 5 years. The biggest problem I have with it is the red pins as well. I am red green color blind and have a very hard time picking up that pin in certain light conditions.
    I am looking into a Spot Hogg this year.

Default Spott Hogg

I definetly suggest the Spott Hogg sights. For one the wire is great, yes, you do have to use tools to set pins but once set they do not move even after long bumpy flights and truck rides. Spott Hogg sights are by far the toughest sights that I have ever used, well worth the extra cost. Trophey Ridge would be my second choice. I used a five pin for a couple of years and found them ok, but not excellent like the Spott Hogg. Trophey Ridge are less expensive though, and my original one is still being used to this day on my sons bow. Hope this helps.
    Calling an illegal alien an "undocumented immigrant" is like calling a drug dealer an "unlicensed pharmacist"

Love the Copper John sight. Now the new they came out with micro adjusment. Also the wrap around fiber give you more shooting time.
    Living the Alaskan Dream
    Gary Keller
    Anchorage, AK

Default Yes to Copper John

I like my Copper John sight too. I have the 3 pin sight and bought an extra package of pins. Then I added one addition pin, so this makes a total of 4 pins on my sight and two for back-up. All are .29

One thing I would avoid when buying a new sight is a long "tunnel" type pin guard. I see this on some of the Trophy Ridge sights. In low light conditions these longer than normal guards don't let in enough light for the pins. I think the new wrap around fiber optics fixed this issue, but it's something to think about.

Default Copper John

I second the Copper John family. I shoot the Dead Nuts 2 Supreme and love it.

Smile Thanks for the Advice

I went with the Trophy Ridge 5 pin. Trying to fine tweak, so I can possiably stick a black bear or two this Spring when ever it decides to stick around. I am itching bad to get out somewhere, just need too find a truck to tow the four wheeler.