Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Nice Sheep

Default Nice Sheep

Here Is 2 nice rams I thought Id share with all you lucky people who drew for the Delta controlled use area Pics where taken a week ago from No name ridge
    Attached Images Attached Images

Default Sheep

So how old you think these rams are?? Wondering since my sheep skills are very slim..Thanks

I counted 12 annuli on the broomed ram and 9 on the other.

Default sheep

so you think the Broomed one is older? I have good video of the broomed ram getting the best of the other ram when I first seen them..Wished I knew how to post Video

Somewhere between lucky and extremely lucky

Wow, I can't make the pic large enough to see rings, but if there are 12 rings on the broomed ram he is at least 13 or 14...that's an old dude- someone should put him out of his misery 'cause he won't make it much longer!

Default Another pic

here they are running off.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Default sheep

That last picture showed clearly that, the old broomer had more mass indeed!...he'd have my cross hairs thats for sure. I enhanced the photo, I don't see 12 rings! I only see 10, maybe another, but can't make it out, it gets too distorted when you try to enhance it...he'll probably die of old age.

No, there is definitely 12.

Cool ,then sockeye is right that thing very well could be 13 or 14 yrs. He'll probably be back in Denali come August!

Default Sheep

He would have to travel pretty far and cross 2 highways to get to the park??

Default Sheep travel

Hmmm.......would that be the Rich and the Parks HWY?

kahahawai...

Quote Originally Posted by reilly View Post
    Here Is 2 nice rams I thought Id share with all you lucky people who drew for the Delta controlled use area Pics where taken a week ago from No name ridge

Default Delta

Jimmy, didn't you also score on that tag last year? must have alot of nice sheep in there.....good luck to those who drew.

Yah, a dink compared to the one pictured. Good tag to have!

Default Nice sheep

Regardless, it was still a nice sheep, and scored well....coincidently, I drew DG475 as you did this year also....

Default Tag

I've been putting in for Delta for a long while..Someday?? I drew DG475 also. Thanks for your input guys I came up with a few years younger than that.

Default The drawings

I guess a high percentage goat tag is a token prize for not drawing a low percentage sheep tag...oh well, better then nothing. good luck everybody!

great off-season pics of the sheep, thanks for sharing.

man for a guy on a quest to kill a ram to call his first ram a dink.....when in reality I really think it was nicer then the two posted. Not into broomed rams and I really cant see that the unbroomed ram is full, close but not full and definatly not as nice of a curl, if not longer to boot!

Default Broomers

Tradbow, how come your not into broomed rams? You mean you would pass on an old battle warrior? to pursue a flairing twister. I know some sheep hunters are divided by horn preference. Me, I just like the old broomed warriors, its character I guess.

Somewhere between lucky and extremely lucky

If I had to choose between an unbroomed ram and a broomed ram with the mass that the sheep in question has... it wouldn't even be a choice!!! I've only killed a few sheep, and haven't had any mounted yet. If I had a chance at that old guy I can gurantee that he would end up on my wall!!! I don't even care if the other sheep is full or not- the double broomer would be dead before I realized the other guy was there!

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast