SENATE BILL NO. 306
    IN THE LEGISLATURE OF THE STATE OF ALASKA
    TWENTY-FIFTH LEGISLATURE - SECOND SESSION
    BY THE SENATE RESOURCES COMMITTEE
    Introduced: 3/21/08
    Referred: Resources

A BILL
    FOR AN ACT ENTITLED
    "An Act relating to the adoption of conservation, development, and utilization regulations by the Board of Game to address concerns relating to public assets."

BE IT ENACTED BY THE LEGISLATURE OF THE STATE OF ALASKA:
    * Section 1. AS 16.05.255 is amended by adding a new subsection to read:
    (k) This section authorizes the board to regulate regarding the conservation, development, or utilization of game in a manner that addresses whether, how, when, and where the public asset of game is allocated or appropriated.

Default Wow...No Advance Notice

Wow - this bill was introduced on Friday 3/21, hearing on Monday 3/24...seems like someone didn't want people to have time to assemble and testify on this one.

Default We will see "who" shows up in the first round

Quote Originally Posted by mdhunter View Post
    Wow - this bill was introduced on Friday 3/21, hearing on Monday 3/24...seems like someone didn't want people to have time to assemble and testify on this one.
    The "ALASKA PROFESSIONAL HUNTERS ASSOCIATION INCORPORATED" will be there to testify in favor to the bill? "Hi My name is Rober Fitihinan the executuve director of APHA. I represent a 200 million dollar industry....yada yada... Old B-O-B will leave out the specifics of who APHA is; a group of commercial hunters haveing less than 200 members and many of them nonresidents.

The SFW mouthpiece Scott Ogan be there today?

AOC dudes........representing all Alaskans.......probably them too.

Ohhh well.......the other 96% of Alaskans are on their own and get what we deserve.

Default Fair Notice

Quote Originally Posted by AVALANCHE View Post
    The "ALASKA PROFESSIONAL HUNTERS ASSOCIATION INCORPORATED" will be there to testify in favor to the bill? "Hi My name is Rober Fitihinan the executuve director of APHA. I represent a 200 million dollar industry....yada yada... Old B-O-B will leave out the specifics of who APHA is; a group of commercial hunters haveing less than 200 members and many of them nonresidents.

The SFW mouthpiece Scott Ogan be there today?

AOC dudes........representing all Alaskans.......probably them too.

Ohhh well.......the other 96% of Alaskans are on their own and get what we deserve.
    Maybe - but you guys should still call your legislator and complain about the short notice. In Maryland, we have to be vigilant about more anti-gun bills than anti-hunting bills...but, almost all bills come out 3-4 weeks before the hearing, to give ALL citizens time to make arrangements to attend and give testimony if they desire. If they ever tried this here with an anti-gun bill, we'd have 200 people jamming the phones to the legislature the next day.

Be glad groups like AOC stay on top of things like this.

I thought the BoG already did that stuff.
    I can't help being a lazy, dumb, weekend warrior.......I have a JOB!
    I have less friends now!!