Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Jim Creek Stabbing

Default Jim Creek Stabbing

dws and I overheard the story while watching people try to cross Jim Creek today. This took place 6 hours before we were on the trail.

http://www.adn.com/crime/story/353571.html

Default Bunch

of morons. I hate going out there anymore because of idiots like that.
    It's hard to believe one .....or maybe more were active duty Army. I'm sure I'll be taking care of his "brain injury" in the next several weeks.
    What are there people thinking. Get some beer and going camping with my weapon....what a great idea.

They should start charging people to ride out there. I bet it would keep some of the rif raf out. If they ride in without paying fine $500 and put it towards the clean-up efforts.
    Sorry about the rant, but I've seen my fair share of knuckleheads out there who onlt care about themeselves.

Doug

Quote Originally Posted by Snug View Post
    It's hard to believe one .....or maybe more were active duty Army.

Why is that so hard to believe? I thought that part of the article made the MOST sense.....
    “Life has become immeasurably better since I have been forced to stop taking it seriously.” ― H.S.T.
    "Character is how you treat those who can do nothing for you."

Quote:
    Originally Posted by dws
    HaHa good one. Sutton has more drunks, fools, tools and juvenile deliquents burning and destroying and shooting stuff per capita than anywhere else in alaska. Not only that it's boring riding, not many trails and never worth going back a second time after you've ridden there once. You can have it

I don't know where you were riding.......but ok....one less person the better.
    I know the first place someone from Anchorage goes that bought their FIRST four wheeler.......Jims Creek area. Not a good place to take young children that are learning to ride!
    I had a friend that took his kid up there riding and some moron hit him with a jeep...flying down the trail out of control,...my 2 cents.
    Figured the guy asking the question was looking for solid advise, not to have someone blow smoke up his butt.

Your welcome....no apology required!

NO apology coming. I said "per capita". JC has a thousand times more people using it than sutton. I never could understand why anyone would ride sutton more than one time. It's boring and no where to go except in circles if you want to ride the whole day.

There were all kinds of little kids learning to ride at JC on their little 50cc atvs sunday. I guess they didn't get the word to stay away.

Quote Originally Posted by Snug View Post
    of morons. I hate going out there anymore because of idiots like that.
    It's hard to believe one .....or maybe more were active duty Army. I'm sure I'll be taking care of his "brain injury" in the next several weeks.
    What are there people thinking. Get some beer and going camping with my weapon....what a great idea.

They should start charging people to ride out there. I bet it would keep some of the rif raf out. If they ride in without paying fine $500 and put it towards the clean-up efforts.
    Sorry about the rant, but I've seen my fair share of knuckleheads out there who onlt care about themeselves.

Doug
    Yeah.... guns and booze don't mix and certainly not somewhere to have young children riding till they clean out some of the riff raff...........My neighbor told me he was out there camping when all the crap hit the fan.
    And when the cops showed up of course nobody knows anything...didn't see anything and the cowards scattered like rats

Jim Creek is not a place to take your family to ride, there are a lot better places to ride.

Quote Originally Posted by AkHunter45 View Post
    Jim Creek is not a place to take your family to ride, there are a lot better places to ride.
    Your right.....
    And the sad thing is a lot of the "NICE" folks go there because they don't know where the good places to ride are to begin with.

Default dont blame the military!

Hippi, Have you served your country?? What have you done to help keep this a free country??? I've seen your post on here and you seem like you need to move back to Cali!! *edited*
    What you fail to relize is the gentlemen who was in the military and had his head kicked is now in trouble with his command even if he didn't start the fight.
    Hope he's ok and dosn't get in to much trouble!!
    Last edited by Brian M; 03-25-2008 at 11:45. Reason: negative personal comments
    Good judgment comes from experience, and a lot of that comes from bad judgment.

Quote Originally Posted by motorboatn View Post
    Hippi*, Have you served your country??
    Define "served".

*Hippie

What have you done to help keep this a free country???
    Voted in every election since I was of age to. Spoken out against and for policies that I thought either positively, or adversely, affected this country. Volunteered both my time and my services to take vets fishing, as well as sending care packages and well wishes to those in the "war" zone.......

....And yourself?

I've seen your post on here and you seem like you need to move back to Cali!!
    Move back to? Never lived there. I am a lifelong Alaskan. Perhaps you are the one that needs to return to whence you came....

*deleted*

What you fail to relize* is the gentlemen who was in the military and had his head kicked is now in trouble with his command even if he didn't start the fight.
    "He didn't start the fight"? Proof of this? And irregardless of whether he started it or not, it takes two to tango. Why is he in trouble? If it was self defense it would seem his commander would have no issues. Unless there where extenuating circumstances (Civilian/Code of Conduct laws broken)....

*Realize

Hope he's ok and dosn't* get in to much trouble!!
    I hope he is okay as well, and I hope his punishment fits (any if applicable) his crime(s)......And the same for any civilian hooligans involved.

*Doesn't
    Last edited by Brian M; 03-25-2008 at 11:47. Reason: referenced deleted material
    “Life has become immeasurably better since I have been forced to stop taking it seriously.” ― H.S.T.

Mark

Quote Originally Posted by AlaskaHippie View Post
    Define "served".....
    Past tense of "serve" (whew......a big one....):

–verb (used without object)
    1. to act as a servant.
    2. to wait on table, as a waiter.
    3. to offer or have a meal or refreshments available, as for patrons or guests: Come early, we're serving at six.
    4. to offer or distribute a portion or portions of food or a beverage, as a host or hostess: It was her turn to serve at the faculty tea.
    5. to render assistance; be of use; help.
    6. to go through a term of service; do duty as a soldier, sailor, senator, juror, etc.
    7. to have definite use: This cup will serve as a sugar bowl.
    8. to answer the purpose: That will serve to explain my actions.
    9. (in tennis, badminton, handball, etc.) to put the ball or shuttlecock in play with a stroke, swing, or hit.
    10. to be favorable, suitable, or convenient, as weather or time.
    11. Ecclesiastical. to act as a server.
    –verb (used with object) 12. to be in the service of; work for.
    13. to be useful or of service to; help.
    14. to go through (a term of service, imprisonment, etc.).
    15. to render active service to (a sovereign, commander, etc.).
    16. to render obedience or homage to (God, a sovereign, etc.).
    17. to perform the duties of (a position, an office, etc.): to serve his mayoralty.
    18. to answer the requirements of; suffice: This will serve our needs for the moment.
    19. to contribute to; promote: to serve a cause.
    20. to wait upon at table; act as a waiter or waitress to.
    21. to carry and distribute (portions of food or drink) to a patron or a specific table, as a waiter or waitress.
    22. to act as a host or hostess in offering (a person) a portion of food or drink: May I serve you with some tea and cake?
    23. to act as a host or hostess in offering or distributing (a portion or portions of food or drink) to another: They served tea and cake to their guests.
    24. to provide with a regular or continuous supply of something.
    25. (in tennis, badminton, handball, etc.) to put (the ball or shuttlecock) in play.
    26. to treat in a specified manner: That served him ill.
    27. Law. a. to make legal delivery of (a process or writ).
    b. to present (a person) with a writ.

28. to gratify (desire, wants, needs, etc.).
    29. (of a male animal) to mate with; service.
    30. to operate or keep in action (a gun, artillery, etc.).
    31. Nautical. to wrap (a rope) tightly with small stuff, keeping the turns as close together as possible.

<grin> Then YUP, I've served....

"He didn't start the fight"? Proof of this? And irregardless of whether he started it or not, it takes two to tango. Why is he in trouble? If it was self defense it would seem his commander would have no issues.
    Not taking sides since I don't know what really happened, but, FYI it will be an alcohol related incident and any servicemembers there will likely go down for it. It will be even worse since there are civilians involved.

Lets say you out drinking and someone else takes a swing at you. In today's military the only acceptable action is to leave. It's sad because in certain area's (Minot ND is one) the local ruffians know this and actively seek out and make sport of beating on military guys knowing they won't fight back.

Anyways I am guessing that you are right Hippie and it does take two to tango. Someone said something, the other guy said something, and now we have some severly injured people.
    Finally, Brad Childress is GONE!

MNTS_R_MY_PLYGRND

Quote Originally Posted by AlaskaHippie View Post
    Define "served".

*Hippie

Voted in every election since I was of age to. Spoken out against and for policies that I thought either positively, or adversely, affected this country. Volunteered both my time and my services to take vets fishing, as well as sending care packages and well wishes to those in the "war" zone.......

....And yourself?

Move back to? Never lived there. I am a lifelong Alaskan. Perhaps you are the one that needs to return to whence you came....

*deleted*

"He didn't start the fight"? Proof of this? And irregardless of whether he started it or not, it takes two to tango. Why is he in trouble? If it was self defense it would seem his commander would have no issues. Unless there where extenuating circumstances (Civilian/Code of Conduct laws broken)....

*Realize

I hope he is okay as well, and I hope his punishment fits (any if applicable) his crime(s)......And the same for any civilian hooligans involved.

*Doesn't
    Whi dose neone that sez nethang sumwut ophensive tue ewe, ewe ottomaticilly feal theh r eh krishtan??? Peepole uhf awl tipes sae meen theengs. EF WHY EYE hippees and krishtans al ike due knot clame tue bea perfict.

Sorry bout contributing to this hijack folks, but had to do it.

I'm ex army, pro military etc but I also spend a lot of time at JC and I don't have ANY doubts that SOME military guys are part of the problems at JC. so what, there are bozos in every occupation.

Mark

Quote Originally Posted by dws View Post
    ....there are bozos in every occupation.
    If you're Christian and military, you have a duty to be perfect, and when you fail at that, the left has every right to point it out and blame the Pope and President.

Someone reading about JC would think going there is like riding into the wild west. I guess they would be shocked to see all the little kids and familys riding and having fun in the daytime. At night and mostly on weekends in when the drunks and bozos are running around.

Quote Originally Posted by MNViking View Post
    Not taking sides since I don't know what really happened, but, FYI it will be an alcohol related incident and any servicemembers there will likely go down for it. It will be even worse since there are civilians involved.

Lets say you out drinking and someone else takes a swing at you. In today's military the only acceptable action is to leave. It's sad because in certain area's (Minot ND is one) the local ruffians know this and actively seek out and make sport of beating on military guys knowing they won't fight back.

Anyways I am guessing that you are right Hippie and it does take two to tango. Someone said something, the other guy said something, and now we have some severly injured people.
    MNViking, I think (pure conjecture here) that it was the usual, predictable combination of hormones, alcohol, ego, and bravado. That is why I made the initial comment (That has raised the hackles of a few folks) that I wasn't surprised there were G.I.'s involved. It was an observation borne of experience. I've spent my fair share of time around bonfires/keggers up here back in my youth, and have witnessed firsthand the MUTUAL animosity that bubbles up when you have "local" kids and military kids (yes, SOME of them are still kids either in age or mentality, sometimes both) in the same environment. Too much booze, too much "I ain't backin' down" attitude on all sides. Toss in a few gals who are the objects of attention/infatuation...And, well, there is gonna be a scrap.......

I was NOT attempting to besmirch the military, I was merely voicing my lack of surprise at the participants.....And as we have witnessed in this very thread, even the perception of an insult is enough to make some people act like.......well...I'll not circumvent the profanity filter.....<grin> use your imagination.....

And it DOES suck that the GI's involved will most likely pay a stiffer price for their actions, however, they, like the civilians who should be punished, knew the possible consequences of their actions, and opted to proceed anyway...

I didn't think you were taking a stab at the military. Just pointing out that regardless of the circumstances they will likely get burned. If pressed to guess what really happened I would also say it was the combo of booze and hormones

As for kids in the military. I've got a boatload of them working for me right now. You couldn't be more right. When I retire I will be fully qualified to run a daycare program.
    Finally, Brad Childress is GONE!

Default Clarification

MNViking, sorry, I should have been a little clearer in how I addressed that response. I never got the vibe that you felt I was taking a stab at the military, those comments where directed at a few other folks with delicate sensitivities.

Just think of the employment possibilities you have with your daycare experience! You could work as a Nanny, a babysitter, or even a moderator on this forum.......Of course, pertaining to that last one, I hear the hours are long, the pay sucks, and sometimes you get covered in feces trying to intervene between some of your charges.....

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast