Thread: aurora @ Tangle lake

Default aurora @ Tangle lake

Some of my friends and I packed up the sleds and headed for tangle lakes to do some fishing but if you read to other thread the fishing was slow...since we only brought one fish to hand but still we had a good time. We were even lucky enough the aurora came out for a few mins and I was able to get a few shots.

Well, those are two beautiful photos. You were there at the right place, and at the right time.

here is one more that I thought turned out pretty good

Default Very cool!

Looks like a fun trip! And slow fishing or not. Anytime you get to see the aurora up here is a worthwile experience! Nice photos!
    US Air Force - retired and Wildlife photographer

To follow my photography adventures check out my facebook page

I'm still scratching my head over how you made these pix. It appears to be daylight or either you have the world's most powerful flash, LOL. Whichever it is, it's awesome; I've never seen the NL in the daytime.

those pictures were actually taken around 1 in the morning. The full moon was putting off a lot of light and I had the lens open for 12 seconds...

I didn't think they were gonna turn out like they did but I it looks pretty cool. In the one photo with the tree thats actually the moon not the sun...I think I just got lucky the way they turned out

thanks,

Richie

Those are all great. You have inspired me to get out and try some night shots with the bright moon light. Looks like fun! Thanks for sharing.
    http://www.pbase.com/tull777

http://www.eddiefisherphoto.com/

"If you're too open-minded, your brains will fall out. ....."Tight Lines & Best Fishes"

Quote Originally Posted by Richie View Post
    those pictures were actually taken around 1 in the morning. The full moon was putting off a lot of light and I had the lens open for 12 seconds...

I didn't think they were gonna turn out like they did but I it looks pretty cool. In the one photo with the tree thats actually the moon not the sun...I think I just got lucky the way they turned out

thanks,

Richie
    I just had a thought; this is probably close to what a wolf or lynx sees on a moonlit night. Doncha think?