Thread: Pentax Riflescope Warranty? Repair

Default Pentax Riflescope Warranty? Repair

I put a U.S.made Pentax Lightseeker scope I had picked up used on my Ruger No. 1 in .300 Win Mag. After several trips to the range I decided to adjust the focus and found that the whole eyepiece assembly was loose and could be pulled off the scope body. I was like the threads were striped on the eyepiece assembly but they appeared to be still intact just very loose. I have no idea how this could possibly happen - I've never seen anything like it before. There are no signs of any physical damage or abuse on the scope - it worked fine otherwise.

I fairness to Pentax the scope may have been damaged before I even got ti but in any event I need to send it back for repair. Anyone have the factory contact information for repair on these scopes?

I'll post the results of this experience with Pentax for everyone's information.

Thanks!

My Pentax lightseeker is made by Burris if that helps...I never had any problems with mine. Do you still have the BOX?

Default Pentax Lightseeker

I actually have two of the Pentax 3 x 9 Lightseekers - both bought used. I purchased them because they both looked like nice glass for the money - I paid $75 for one and a bit more for the other.

The one I am having the problem with appears to be very similar to a Burris scope I also have of the same power i.e. 3 x 9. I have another Pentax that appears to be a slightly older model but it may be an older Burris perhaps. Both Pentax are maked "Made in USA".

I've looked through the 2 Pentax, the Burris, and a Leupold Var-X II late in the afternoon to see how they compare in low light conditions. To be honest I can't see a heck of a lot of difference in any of them. I have a Schmidt & Bender 6 x 42 that is a slightly brighter when they are all set on 6 power but its an unfair comparison.

Quote Originally Posted by Bear Buster View Post
    My Pentax lightseeker is made by Burris if that helps...I never had any problems with mine. Do you still have the BOX?

This is very similar to the one I have:
    http://www.opticsplanet.net/picture-...djustment.html

I was scoping caribou at midnight Aug 9th at 450 ish yards with HIGH visibility though that scope ...it was great!

Quote Originally Posted by tvfinak View Post
    I've looked through the 2 Pentax, the Burris, and a Leupold Var-X II late in the afternoon to see how they compare in low light conditions. To be honest I can't see a heck of a lot of difference in any of them. I have a Schmidt & Bender 6 x 42 that is a slightly brighter when they are all set on 6 power but its an unfair comparison.

I bet you noticed the generous eye relief Leupold offers. Still trying to find a scope that comes a close second.