Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: illegal guns

Default illegal guns

what guns and calibers are illegal in AK??
    TY in advance for your response

None that I know of....Just as long as you have proper documents and pay the extra money for it. ie: Machine guns, full auto, silenciers and short barreled shotguns/rifles.

This is the land of plenty when it comes to firearms.
    Combat Vet by choice! Defender of this great nation and people (Which unfortunately also includes the stupid and the ignorant.)

http://t1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:_R_ZqAiK-e_U0M:<a href=http://hometeamsonline.com/photos/hockey/ARCTICLIONS/Ice_Puppies_Logo_Light_with_shading.jpg target=_blank rel=nofollow>http://hometeamsonline.com/photos/ho...th_shading.jpg</a>

Support Youth Hockey!
    http://www.hometeamsonline.com/teams...Y&s=hockey&t=c

Illegal guns.

No such animal.

Cash and carry. If you have the cash and can pick it up and carry it, it's yours.

Oh, and we don't need big brother's permission to carry concealed either.
    Now what ?

There are no illegal guns, only folks who use guns illegally

so all calibers are cool as well or is there some that are banned

Talking Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha.....

HAHAHAHAHAHAHa......this is Alaska...there are NO illegal calibers in small arms..
    Dang, I can't imagine living anywhere else....illegal calibers.....hee hee hee

All guns are welcomed...however I'm starting to see Europe and New Zealand using silencers on their hunting rifles, wonder if we'll see them here.

Mark

Quote Originally Posted by kahahawai View Post
    .....I'm starting to see Europe and New Zealand using silencers on their hunting rifles, wonder if we'll see them here.
    Silencing a round travelling at 4x the speed of sound would be a trick.

Why would they do that, anyway? To avoid disturbing the non-shooters in the area?

Moderators as they are known, are used to protect the shooters hearing in Europe and have been for decades. Parker Hale was one of the largest manufacturers. Silencers are really incorrect terminology. I would not be surprised if the use of the word "silencer" was a left over from the inventor Sir HIRAM MAXIUM. He was the inventor of the steam silencer used on steam locomotives. Among many of his inventions.
    "The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tryants." (Thomas Jefferson

Default May I ask

Quote Originally Posted by Gnoll View Post
    what guns and calibers are illegal in AK??
    TY in advance for your response
    May I ask what firearm you are considering and for what purpose? It might clarify the answers better.

Vietnam - June 70 - Feb. 72
    Cancer from Agent Orange - Aug. 25th 2012
    Cancer Survivor - Dec. 14th 2012

Default illegal

If you're really there , nothing is .

Quote Originally Posted by Daveinthebush View Post
    May I ask what firearm you are considering and for what purpose? It might clarify the answers better.
    well i have a lot of gunz and live in AZ i was just wondering what if any gunz i would have to sell if i move to your great state
    well i love to hunt with my gunz and love to just shoot as well

Quote Originally Posted by Mark View Post
    Silencing a round travelling at 4x the speed of sound would be a trick.

Why would they do that, anyway? To avoid disturbing the non-shooters in the area?
    Four times the sped of sound hmmmm who hunts with such a caliber? The 220 Swift won't even do that.
    Is there nothing so sacred on this earth that you aren't willing to kill or die for?

Quote Originally Posted by Big Al View Post
    Moderators as they are known, are used to protect the shooters hearing in Europe and have been for decades. Parker Hale was one of the largest manufacturers. Silencers are really incorrect terminology. I would not be surprised if the use of the word "silencer" was a left over from the inventor Sir HIRAM MAXIUM. He was the inventor of the steam silencer used on steam locomotives. Among many of his inventions.
    The correct terminology is suppressor as in sound suppressor. They reduce the gas venting boom but do nothing for the super sonic crack of the bullet travel. Some states do not allow the possession of sound suppressors, some do not allow the possession of full auto gun, and some states permit ownership per federal requirements, but do not allow the use of full auto or suppressed guns. (class III)

I think silencers came from the movies. I always like the "sniper" with the super powerful long range rifle with the "silencer" on the muzzle and his rifle barely makes a pffft sound, and has no recoil at all.
    Is there nothing so sacred on this earth that you aren't willing to kill or die for?

"what guns and calibers are illegal in AK??
    TY in advance for your response."

20mm cannons
    Mini guns
    Howizters

Most Naval guns.. 16" guns from the USS Iowa for Example (these are difficult to carry into the bush anyway...)

Mark

Quote Originally Posted by Murphy View Post
    Originally Posted by Mark
    Silencing a round travelling at 4x the speed of sound would be a trick....
    Four times the sped of sound hmmmm who hunts with such a caliber? The 220 Swift won't even do that.
    Whoops:

.....In dry air with a temperature of 21 C (70 F) the speed of sound is 344 m/s (1230 km/h, or 770 mph, or 1130 ft/s).....
    You caught me. I was thinking 770 (mph instead of fps), and multiplied by 4.

Would 3x the speed of sound "sound" better?

Mark

.....I think silencers came from the movies. I always like the "sniper" with the super powerful long range rifle with the "silencer" on the muzzle and his rifle barely makes a pffft sound, and has no recoil at all.
    Movie firearms truly are special.

They never run out of ammo, either.

You're not moving to the peoples rebublik of Krapafornia where even being in the military (at least in Berkley) is becoming illegal. Bring them all and have fun!! I had the choice of orders to Germany or AK. I love the beer in Germany and studying WW II but I could not bring my guns there so here I am happy as ever!!

I think silencers came from the movies. I always like the "sniper" with the super powerful long range rifle with the "silencer" on the muzzle and his rifle barely makes a pffft sound, and has no recoil at all.
    You're just jealous you don't have one.

In order for the report to be just a wisper or "pffft sound", the bullet needs to be traveling subsonic or less than the speed of sound. Supersonic bullets make a cracking sound as they speed by over the speed of sound. Or at least that is what my Marine Corps buddies tell me.

I have heard it at various ranges walking down one range while a parrallel one is still in session. I believe Birchwood is one.
    "You have given out too much reputation in the last 24 hours, try again later".

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast