Thread: Oh man, another newbie?

Default Oh man, another newbie?

Yep....Another one...My name is Mike and I'm from Ca (near Santa Cruz). Have fished in Ak for many years (Tsiu river, Cordova, Prince William Sound, etc)

Steelhead are my favorite fish, but have caught few in Ak. Silvers are a CLOSE second on a fly rod. I'll be fishing around Yakutat this July and we'll be after reds, dollies and whatever else is there (chum? bows? early early silvers??)including a shot at some halibut offshore.

I'm looking forward to watching this forum. Just found it in my Yakutat research and liked what I saw. Maybe I can make a contribution now and again.

-Mike

Default Greetings!

Welcome,

You might want to bring a dry suit and check out the surfing in Yakutat when you visit? I never have, but I know they surf the water there. Figure you might surf since your near Santa Cruz?

Quote Originally Posted by stlhdr View Post
    Yep....Another one...My name is Mike and I'm from Ca (near Santa Cruz). Have fished in Ak for many years (Tsiu river, Cordova, Prince William Sound, etc)

Steelhead are my favorite fish, but have caught few in Ak. Silvers are a CLOSE second on a fly rod. I'll be fishing around Yakutat this July and we'll be after reds, dollies and whatever else is there (chum? bows? early early silvers??)including a shot at some halibut offshore.

I'm looking forward to watching this forum. Just found it in my Yakutat research and liked what I saw. Maybe I can make a contribution now and again.

-Mike
    http://www.myfishingpictures.com/watermark.php?file=133776
    Jedi Salmon Powers Activated!
    www.alaskansalmonslayers.com

Yikes! Surf in that water? What is it, 39 degrees? I think I'll stick with my 8 wt and the Situk...lol...I got launched into the sound 1 night (long funny story) after a few cocktails and dinner with my buddies. That was close enough to surfing Ak for me.

Hoping there is some interesting lake/stream fishing around Yakutat in addition to the Situk. We'll have a car...if anyone has links or sources that give some detail that would help.

It's fun to read this forum about places I've been and some I'm still trying to get to...like Kodiak and Sitka, the upper Kenai and on and on...

-Mike

Mike -
    I have researched and accumulated a vast amount of information on the Situk River. Me and another fellow have the Raven Cabin (below 9 mile bridge) reserved for 5 nights starting May 26. I will be glad to share. Email me @ smallbiz@wt.net

When you are you going?
    Buck
    Buck Sheward
    Henryetta, OK
    email: smallbiz@wt.net