Thread: Nice photos to look at

Default Nice photos to look at

I was looking at the "Photo Of The Year" in the Fairbanks Daily News Miner, and noticed some amazing ones. Please notice the ones of the fireworks:
    http://newsminer.com/photos/gallerie...res-year-2007/

Quote Originally Posted by RayfromAK View Post
    I was looking at the "Photo Of The Year" in the Fairbanks Daily News Miner, and noticed some amazing ones. Please notice the ones of the fireworks:
    http://newsminer.com/photos/gallerie...res-year-2007/
    I rarely like many of the images that a selected in "Best of the _____" competitions; but that group is different.

Then I noticed a thread running through the ones that I liked. In the order they happened to catch my attention,

Fireworks (Sam Harrel)
    Painting Clown Face (Eric Engman)
    Ravens in the Air (John Hagen)
    Fire Starters (Eric Engman)
    Chief David Salmon (Eric Engman)
    Shaving a horse, (Eric Engman)
    Rob Peebles dog team (John Hagen)

Obviously I like the style of Eric Engman! And I'm astounded that the News Minus would have such a high percentage that appeal to me! (I'm not sure that's a good thing for them... :-)

I liked the one of the fireworks. The one of the girl shaving the horse's nose is very different, too, but there are quite a lot of nice photos there.

Great link...................the fireworks picture was a real eye catcher

Awesome images! That is a really diverse group of photos. Thanks for posting Ray!
    US Air Force - retired and Wildlife photographer

To follow my photography adventures check out my facebook page

Default good stuff

Thanks Ray. Are any of those yours? Ben

Quote Originally Posted by BTK View Post
    Thanks Ray. Are any of those yours? Ben
    No. The only place I send my photos to is TV Channel 11 in Fairbanks, and they show those during the news hour. I haven't sent any for a few weeks now.

I am always amazed at how a good photo can tell a story. I guess that is mostly why I love photography. These are really good shots. They inspire me to try harder and improve on my own work.

Thanks for sharing!
    http://www.pbase.com/tull777

http://www.eddiefisherphoto.com/

"If you're too open-minded, your brains will fall out. ....."Tight Lines & Best Fishes"

Default Posting a pic..

Ignore me, I am just trying to post a pic for the first time. I use Flickr, but the info on the site seems to suggest Photobucket as the main source. Sorry if it does not work.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    The two loudest sounds known to man: a gun that goes bang when it is supposed to go click and a gun that goes click when it is supposed to go bang.

Default trying again

I wonder how to make it full size? Why just a thumbnail?
    The two loudest sounds known to man: a gun that goes bang when it is supposed to go click and a gun that goes click when it is supposed to go bang.

Default Last try..

last try.. What am I doing wrong guys? I choose a small size from Flickr this time hoping that it would work. Not sure what I should do different.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by danattherock View Post
    I wonder how to make it full size? Why just a thumbnail?
    There are two ways to include an image with your article.

If you use the "Managed Attachments" clicky to upload an image, either directly from your computer or from a URL, it will be an attachment, and the article will contain a thumbnail at the end of the article. If a reader wants to see it full sized, they must click on the thumbnail.

I haven't used that method much, so I'm not sure what facilities it provides. Apparently the attachments are shown at the end of the article, and you cannot put text between attachments or even with the attachment. The dialog box indicates that maximum image size can be 1600x1200 and maximum files size can be 1Mb.

The other method is to use html code to include, directly into the article, an image from a URL. The image is fetched by the reader's web brower, hence it is not a permanent part of the forum archives and if the URL should become invalid at a future date the image will no longer be available to readers of this forum.

The format is:

[img]URL[/img]

Hence by putting [img] http://web.newsguy.com/floyd_davidso...rum/1304.s.jpg [/img] into this article (below, as text that you will not be able to see), that image will be shown on your browser, full size, below:

Note that text can be placed after the image (or between multiple images).
    Last edited by Floyd_Davidson; 09-21-2009 at 19:12.

Default test...

testing the img thingy...hmm, I am getting an invalid file error when I try the [img]url[img] oh it's [/img] wait one...yep, still getting the invalid file message...

Default test #2

This time I used the Properties URL rather than the IE 7.5 field URL, testing, one, two, testing...Same results as previous...must find a formula that works...addtional testing required, this hypothesis is not yet proven...will continue research & development to prove this hypothesis into theory...