Thread: Trap line markers?

Default Trap line markers?

I was out doing some scouting for a bait station and saw some red and blue disks nailed to trees. They were along the Elliot north of Fairbanks and looked like the ends of some big coffee cans. That's about the best description I can give, because I didn't get too close. I don't want to walk on anyone's trap. Does anyone know if that's what they were marking? They looked new or at least well maintained. Thanks.

Was this along a trail, like a snogo trail? Coffee can ends are usually tin colered and shiny. Do you mean the plastic covers?
    Hard to say just what they were for or marking. Might be trap markers.
    I can't help being a lazy, dumb, weekend warrior.......I have a JOB!
    I have less friends now!!

Default markers

I have seen these used just for trail markers not sure if that is what these were or not. How far up the road were you? I know there are trails around Haystack marked like this.

They are definitely painted, some red some blue, not rusted. All were right around the Wickersham Dome area. If they were marking trails, it surely wasn't snow machine trails, way too narrow.

Default bear baiting

If your looking for good bear baiting, I would go farther north than Wickersham dome. The bear baiting wont be very good.