Thread: DS 120 East Eklutna Sheep

Default DS 120 East Eklutna Sheep

I won a permit for the sheep hunt in August in the East Eklutna Drainage. I was wondering if anyone who has done this hunt before would be willing to share information. Really excited and looking forward to doing this hunt. Thanks in advance for any help.

Default East Fork

Sending you a PM

I would also be interested in any info out there on ds120. My first Chugach sheep hunt!
    "A vote is like a rifle: its usefulness depends upon the character of the user." Theodore Roosevelt, 1913

I have never specifically hunted the E. Fork of the Eklutna, but I have hunted all around that area (Hunter Creek, Big Timber Creek, Thunder Gorge and Eagle River. Grasshopper Valley, Metal Creek, etc.) and can tell you it is one of the best areas for trophy sheep, but....it has some really rough (more like goat hunting) areas. Put in your due diligence and you will most likely be appropriately rewarded. I would highly recommend you scout the area in addition to seeking info from previously successful hunters. Good luck.

Thanks for the advice. Looking forward to some spring scouting.

Quote Originally Posted by huntinghardak View Post
    I won a permit for the sheep hunt in August in the East Eklutna Drainage. I was wondering if anyone who has done this hunt before would be willing to share information. Really excited and looking forward to doing this hunt. Thanks in advance for any help.
    First thing I would do is get a Chugach state park map from REI IMO its the best map of the area. That goes for all the 14C Sheep hunts
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming-----WOW-----what a ride!
    Unknown author