Thread: Evinrude E-Tec 115

Default Evinrude E-Tec 115

I'm contemplating re-powering our C-Dory 22 Cruiser with an E-tec 115 (now has a 1996 Honda 75). The new Honda 90EFI looks good too but getting 25 more hp for the same weight sounds better to me.

Anybody have any comments on the E-tec 115 regarding oil or fuel consumption? Noise? Reliability? etc....

-Matt

Default 150 E-tech

I have the E-tech in a 150. 2007. I dont have a fuel meter but I would guess I get about 3ish GPH. I use her in PWS and Seward. It is a very smooth running motor. Not too loud. I have about 100 hrs on her and she has performed flawless. There is no maintnence. She will winterize herself. You know when you pull her out of the water,she is completely drained. If you want it to drain the fuel system it will do that too! And it will fog itself. I had it programed to run synthetic and I think it uses more oil than I was led to believe. But she has run flawless for me.

Geez, does it catch the fish for you too?

J/K, sounds like a good motor...

I've been hearing mostly good things about E-tecs. I guess the primary skeptic is the Mrs who thinks we are going backwards by going to 2-strk.... I hope I'm going to be right...

Also, which engine instrument do you have on that E-tec 150 (ie tach, hours, fuel, etc)? There are several option with one having a fuel meter too...

They are a good motor. But you can get a dog no matter what brand you get. I went from a yamaha FI 150 2-stroke to a suzuki 140 4-stroke and use more fuel than the 150. It is louder than the 150 also. But other people using the same motor are doing better than i am with heavier boats. I could not swing the money for a E-tec 150.

Badriverman, I would think about having your motor checked out, maybe something is wrong with your injection system, air intake or computer. I have numerous friends with the 140 suzukis and they all rave about the fuel economy. Don't own one myself but I definitely trust what they are saying. Another friend had twin 150 yamahas (don't know if they were FI) on a really light 24' boat and he couldn't carry enough fuel. What were you burning/hr with the HPDI yamaha?