Thread: Wright Air Service

Default Wright Air Service

Hello-

I'm considering using Wright Air Service for a drop off hunt in 25A from Fairbanks. Anybody have any experience with them good, bad, etc?

I've been working with Bob Bursell. Feel free to send me a pm
    at dmgarz@optonline.net

Thanks for reading and your help.

Dave

I have used Wright Air a couple of times and have had no problems with them at all. My wife actually is working there right now and I could probably find the answer to most questions if you needed me to.

Default wrights air service

I have had nothing bud good experiences with Wrights. They are very well organized and reliable. My partner has used them almost a dozen times. Dont think you can go wrong with Bob. Everyone that works at Wrights is very friendly as well.

Wright Air has some of the best and friendliest pilots in Alaska. Thier equipment is very well maintained, and they will do everything in thier power to accomidate you. I didn't know a plane was capable of doing some of the things the pilot had it do to get us out this past season.

No worries. I have had Wrights fly myself and sons into the Brooks on numerous mountain hunts over the last 15 years and have no hesitation recommending them without reservation.

Default First Rate

Friendly, Reliable, Reasonable Pricing and they cover large portion of the state!

Top notch outfit. They know their stuff and have nice planes.

Steve

Default just my thoughts

I hunted with them in the 20A area just past the rex trail, they dropped me off by myself about 3 years ago. I saw a lot of moose--was actually done hunting opening day. He has quite a few camps. Awesome pilot, and when I was done packing my critter back to camp--I made a call and he was out to me within a couple of hours. He took me to the butcher, and helped find me a way to the airport. I would absolutely go with him again.

Wayne

I too used them in the past and I couldn't ask for better service and the pilots are friendly and good at what they do. If I'm ever going to go up that way again, they are first on my list.

You can't go wrong with this company. They treated my sons and I great and were where they were supposed to be when they said.

Default One more

I used them last year and they were flawless!!!

I've used them 3 times and will be using them again 2 more times next year. They are the best IMO and I wouldn't hesitate to fly with them anywhere.

Im using them this year in August to fly out for sheep. Bob Bursell is a very helpful and knowledgable pilot. I called him up and asked him about flying to the area I had picked out. He looked at his maps right there while on the phone with him, gave me a quote and then had me come down to his office and discuss landing areas for the area. Very Informative and helpful. THE PRICING IS GREAT TOO!!! With us hes allowing 70lbs of gear and not charging us for extra trips. best wishes,
    James

Talking wright air

So I guess it would be ok to use them

I left my e mail address so if somebody had anything less than positive to say they could.

No negative e mails rec'd. Which of course, could mean a few different things. But, as a start, that's a very good sign.

Dave

Default Helio

Stid, What year is that Helio Courier did you fly in? That is a beauty!!! looks fairly new!!!...to me the Helio has one of the best STOL cababilities of all....................like to have one someday, despite the high price tag.

I believe he said it was a 1972 if I remember right. It sure had a nice fresh paint job. I'm a pilot myself and was very impressed was how it performed. I have seen them for 78k don't know the history. They have quite a history, you should check it out. Again Wright's provides great service. Here is another of their planes.

Steve

Default Helio

I like the Red color too! 78K is a steal!!!! I'm sure they must be older models for that price with alot of hours....I saw a 1970 and a 1972 model 295 courier , and the cheapest was $120K

I flew with a fellow back in '91 that was one of their pilots, he was a master at flying the Courier, he use to fly them for the CIA in Vietnam and I believe his name was Harold. Don't know whatever became of him but he was quite a character. I don't know where Bob gets his pilots but he definetly has a good pool to select from and his planes are top notch.