Thread: A Boat Paddle Ruger M77 gets a Face Lift!

Default A Boat Paddle Ruger M77 gets a Face Lift!

I thought I'd post some pics of the finished product of my Ruger M77. I believe that the 338WM is a very versatile caliber for hunting Alaska and desired to make mine as versatile as possible, so heres what I did. She used to be the 3rd one down in this picture.

I have since slipped her into a McMillan custom stock and had it bedded, I had teh trigger worked to a crisp 3.5 lbs. She wears a 2.5-8x36 VX-III and Warnes QD rings. I had iron sights installed and opted for a fiber optic front pin for better low light target acquisition, and here is the finished product. Rugers aint known to be pretty but this one sure is! All of the gunsmithing was done by Gary at Arctic GunWorks in Fbks.

Default Sweet.......

looks reel nice...how does it shoot...?

Have you shot it since you had the stock and bedding work done?

I have the same gun, but with porting, and I love it. Shoots very nice, with the porting the recoil is the same or less than the same gun we have in 30-06.

Default Nice looking gun!!!

All I've done to my Ruger .338 is a trigger job. Must say it turned out pretty sweet. Also I dig your gone rack there.

I have the exact same setup except a Boyds laminate stock, and factory iron sights. I hate to say it, but it's the only gun you need for all of AK. I'm glad all my firearm purchases aren't need based. Sweet.

KK

Do you still have the boat paddle stock? I'd take it off your hands.

This gun has always shot well, and to be real honest with you its never been a big kicker to me. I will say that the McMillan seemed to tame it down even more.But the stock has been on it for over a year. She shoots most ammo MOA even at 200 yards which is what I sight it in for. I havent shot it since installing the Warne QD rings the other day so I have to go and resight it in here in the coming week or so. I will agree that if I had to head out into Alaska forever and could pick one gun and a bunch of ammu to take it would be this one in its current configuration. I am interested to see if I can hit the broadside of a barn with the irons since I cant remember the last time I shot thru irons.

Oh and the boat paddle is long gone for over a year now, but I would keep an eye on Ebay, thats where I sold mine.

I can't swallow the price of the McMillan yet and I hate packing the weight of the laminate that's on mine 30-06. I had a 7mm Mag with the boat paddle stock and I didn't mind it. I'll check out Ebay.

What brand of iron sights are those? The rear sight looks similiar to the one on the Savage 375 H&H rifle.

I like the colors you used on that stock of yours. I got 3 McMillan's on the way now. One of them has the GAP camo, can't wait.

I like it, that is a sure improvement over the boat paddle look.
    A GUN WRITER NEEDS:
    THE MIND OF A SCHOLAR
    THE HEART OF A CHILD
    THE HIDE OF A RHINOCEROS