Thread: barnes varmint gernades

Default barnes varmint gernades

I was wandering if anyone has used the varmint gernades that barnes just came out with. I was looking for some starting loads and what kind of damage it does to preditors. Thanks for any info guys

Sorry, I forgot to mention that they are 50g and I am shooting them out of a 220 swift. Thanks agian

Default Barns bullets

Ive never shot that particular Barns bullet, but haven't had good 1/2moa accuracy at 100 yds. like I have with Hornady. Please let me know if you have the same problem. I personally shoot A 6mm BR necked down to A 20 caliber. It shoots A 33 grain Hornady v-max at 4375 fps. This little bullet goes in and doesn't come out. I have even gut shot coyotes with it and it killed them, the shock is amazing. I also have A 22-250 so I would be interested in how that bullet works out for you.
    Keep us posted.
    Thesteeleboy

Default Loads

I haven't used the bullets of which you speak, but Barnes will give you loading data for there bullets in your desired caliber.
    I don't know what the twist is in your rifle,but the fact that these bullets are monolithic and hollow point to boot may make them too long for your twist to stabilize well. Just a thought.
    " Americans will never need the 2nd Amendment, until the government tries to take it away."

On the road of life..... Pot holes keep things interesting !