Thread: Jetcraft yukon with johsnon 2 stroke inboard jet?

Default Jetcraft yukon with johsnon 2 stroke inboard jet?

anyone heard of these boats, a friend of mine is going to look at one this weekend I think. It's either a 16' or 18' with a 115 johnson 2stroke inboard jet. Seems like it could be underpowered? anyone got any expierence with these boats?
    Thanks for the help!

Default dont buy it

I owned the exact set up (almost) mine was a 18 ft with a 150hp johnson jet (105 HP at the pump). I owned it for two years and it was my first jet boat. Here is my opinon. It is to big for the small and really shallow rivers. It is to small for the big rivers were you need to haul alot of weight or be able to run long distances. With the 150 it would run about 90 miles on a full tank (45 gals). It would pick up a ok size load (1500lbs) if everything was just perfect (new sleeve and good stainless impeller) but god help you if you sucked up one small pebble (small exzaduration but not much)(800lbs). The jet craft had very few chines on the bottom and it is the worst handling boat I have ever been in. It Slides in the corners really bad. I have taken it in the ocean a couple of times it did not perform worth a darn. The nose goes way down in the wave trough before it gets enough floatation to come back up. Scary in any size waves bigger than chop. In chop it porpused alot although I think that could have been cured by installing trim tabs. I think the only thing this boat did well would be a medium sized river runing short distances for day fishing trips something like the Talkeetna up to clear creek.

Default Thanks!

after looking at it I have to agree, it didn't impress me!
    thanks for the info!

I was looking at that rig as well, nice clean boat. Talked to my local Johnson dealer and he said to stay away from those engines, they had "many issues" whatever that means.