Thread: 25 stevens

Default 25 stevens

Anyone have any leads on where I might be able to find 25 Stevens ammo? I know it is obsolete and hasn't been produced in quite some time, but I have an old family gun in good shape (checked by gunsmith) I would like to shoot if I could ever find some ammo. I realize the odds are against it, but you never know.

Default 25 Stevens

You're right, finding that kind of stuff is tough. Maybe the larger gun shows?? Another possibility is one of the online gun auction sites like Gunbroker, Auction Arms or the classified site- GunsAmerica. Even ebay could have some brass now and then but dunno? There are at least two different 25 "Stevens" cartridges. [A third, the 25-20 Single Shot, is sometimes called the 25-20 Stevens Single shot, not to be confused with the 25-20 WCF.] It's likely either the 25-21 Stevens or the 25-25 Stevens. If the case is straight walled it's either the 25-21 or 25-25. One possibility is Buffalo Arms. You can call them and see what they have and be sure to specify which 25 Stevens you have. Be prepared for sticker shock! Looking in their catalog I see 25-21 Stevens for $59/20 ! Ouch. Their number is 208-263-6953 (Idaho). Good luck

You'd probably be hardpressed to find loaded ammo, but check Old Wester Scrounger http://www.ows-ammo.com/catalog/

You definately can get brass and dies, so if your up for loading your own, you definately can put together ammo to shoot it.

Default additional 25 Stevens info

walk-in, If your rifle is the 25 Stevens Rimfire?? I just looked at some original ammo for sale on gunbroker.com using "25 stevens" in the search. If it is the Stevens 25-21, I just looked at the Buffalo Arms updated price list for the newly manufactured ammo- went from $59/20 to $83/20... double ouch! Hope this helps

Default rimfire

I should have specified. My rifle is the 25 Stevens rimfire. I checked OWS a couple times before, and they didn't have it. Doesn't mean they might not at some point in the future.

Default 25 Stevens

walk-in, No problem, we shoulda asked anyway. Whew, the rimfire stuff is even harder to find. Most if not all will be original and old and is considered not only obsolete but collectible. I did see some 25 Stevens RF on gunbroker.com today. Still pretty steep in price, $95 for a couple of partial boxes for one lot and a "No Reserve" for another box in another lot... but may be about the only source. If you do come up with some ammo, it will be fairly old, 60-100yrs. So it may or may not fire. Not dangerous really- with the only danger being a bad squib type firing that leaves a bullet in the barrel. Then just have to use a rod and mallet to tap the bullet out. I've seen quite a few of the older Stevens Crackshots and Favorites on the market lately so there may be some demand upon the remaining ammo that's out there. Hope you find some.

Default gunbroker

I saw the same 2 auctions on gunbroker.com. I was a bit surprised by the prices they were asking, but probably shouldn't have been. I did notice that the Winchester box said something about the Olin Corp., so at least that one box was produced sometime since the 1930's or so.
    I already figured that with rimfire ammo that old it would be completely possible that some or all of it might not fire, but really I'd just like to say that I was able to shoot the gun and then put it away. I doubt I would even fire more than 10 rounds at the most. The gun belonged to my great-great grandmother, who used it to shoot snakes on the ranch in Montana. My grandad gave it to me about 15 years ago and it has just sat in the gun rack since then.

I have a box of 50 25 Stevens cartridges - Remington Kleanbore for sale. If you're still interested, make me an offer. You might check --------Ammo-one.com----- They have 25 Stevens for sale at $4.75 for a SINGLE CARTRIDGE with a limit of one per customer.
    I realize these cartridges are old and I make no guarantee that they will fire. They are in good shape and the box goes with the sale. The box is in excellent condition.
    If you want, you can call me at 913 897-3422 any evening, central time between 7 and 11 PM. My email address is-------ar-gentile@comcast.net.
    Thanks,
    Ray Gentile