Thread: I bought the G20 and am looking for barrel

Default I bought the G20 and am looking for barrel

After just shooting 15 rounds at a vertical log I was not happy with the factory bbl. Seemed to be shooting way low, but have not shot paper with it yet. I am wanting an after market 6" bbl. Not sure what brand to go with and which type of metal. Looks like they range from $225 to $110. Don't want to make the wrong buy and regret if it is worth the money to get a Jarvis or similar. I was thinking stainless for use in the sound mostley but hear some are crome-moly. Do some bbls require more fitting than others? I tried the search and nothing really came up. I know I seen some of you guys post about your bbls in glock 20's. Thanks in advance. Chris

Default Storm Lake

I hear good things about Storm Lake Barrels.

Default try this one

Here's a good site for Glock goodies
    http://www.glockmeister.com/

after much shooting with mine I can honestly state the factory bbl. is accurate-I reload for mine though. the Glock trigger may be the culprit along with hand control-I changed the trigger connector on mine. I do have a set of Heine/Dawson sights "still" on its way to swap out the factory sights.

Am awaiting for Lone Wolf to come out with there Long Slide the end of this month to mate up for my 6" KKM hunting barrel. Again in my G20 am getting great shooting and increased velocities.

Not likely you will find a Glock inaccurate-more shooter error than ..........dont't shoot lead out of the Poly barrel-will lead up and hence "Glock blow up".

regards.

If the new Glock is shooting low with existant barrel likely a new barrel will be also.

Actually I've never seen a Glock from the box that would not group 3" at 25 yds, or better, and have seen only one, out of about 200 that I've shot, that didn't shoot point of aim. What is you experience level with the Glock system?
    Is there nothing so sacred on this earth that you aren't willing to kill or die for?

Actually I've never seen a Glock from the box that would not group 3" at 25 yds, or better
    I have. But shooting low is not the sign of barrel problems per se

KKM barrels are inexpensive and good quality.

Default first time shooting my glock and second time ever

shooting a glock. I was wearing thin gloves and it was a little windy and also chilly outside. Will test it better at the range. I do want the longer barrel just for higher velocity and if better accuracy comes with it the better. I do like the night sights though, should have asked if they came in adjustable version.

Does anybody here in anchorage carry any 6" in stock? Or will I be better of buying online? So far I hear Lijha, KKM, and Storm lake are good bbls. Anybody useing stainless?

Default did some checking

KKM is $185 @ glockmeister, Storm Lake is $175, Barsto was way over $200. The previous are all stainless and KKM is hardened to a rockwell 42. So I think that is the bbl for me, cheaper than some of the others and can spend that money on a spring kit 20-22-24lbs for $18 and it says you need a different rod.

So is the tungsten worth paying double for? Didn't see any weights and not sure if it really matters on something that small anyways. So stainless or tungsten?

Default guide rod ?

Okay sorry about the all ?'s. Was just on glockmeister again noticed the one for $20 says capture. The one for $16 doesn't say anything. I member here said to get a non captive SS guide rod. Which one is that and what is the difference? Is the tungsten non captive? I am about to get a headache. I don't want to put in an order until I know exactly what to get. Plus is the whole spring kit needed or should I just get a 22# installed on the rod at no extra charge? I will not be handloading I don't think and will wan't to shoot the hottest factory loads though. I have had an offer to reload so who knows. Again insight will be greatly appreciated and then I will buy the stuff and be done....hopefully

Just for fun you might visit

glocktalk.com
    Vance in AK.

Matthew 6:33
    "But seek first the kingdom of God and His righteousness, and all these things shall be added to you."

Captured guide rods have a small hex nut at the end for changing out springs without having to buy a new guide rod. Stainless should be more than adequate, tungsten are expensive and are heavier, but I don't seem to shoot any different with either one. It is wise to swap that plastic one out though for reliability reasons. Just my .02

Mountaintrekker

Default Done Deal

Thanks for the info and links. After researching barrels again this morning and finding out about broach cut and button rifleling. I called KKM and a guy answered the phone. They were not open he was there taking care of some crap he said. I asked him about his barrels being polished in the ramp area and barrel being stress relieved. He said all their barrels are the same grade and same care is taken for each barrel. They are stress relieved and the breach and ramp are hand polished. He said they cannot rely on the machines to do that correctly. I was sold on the barrels then and ended up buying 6"non comp hunting barrel, SS rod, and a 20 and 22#spring all from glockmeister. I asked the guy at KKM Precision if it would benifit them more if I bought direct from him. He said yes but told me to buy at glockmeister since I was thinking of getting the other goodies. Just thought the customer service was good and he took the time to explain some things about barrels. Now I can't wait to get the stuff and head to the range.

So last ?. Who make the hottest factory ammo? I read alot and seems Double Tap is mentioned alot on some other sites.

rstbout, you done got an "A" on your homework! Good for you! I first went to the Glock site yrs. back and like you found the ideal defense/hunting semi-auto to be the 10mm Glock. A very fine "plastic" pistol that will run-period, can get abit beat up and not work up a sweat about it.

Believe you mentioned you don't reload so buy 500 rounds from DBL. Tapp-truck it up and you are good to go. Practice ammo can be the 180 hardball ammo from American Eagle-never shot it myself though. Save your brass-if you can locate 80% of them you are getting off to a good start

Some can agree to the stock plastic sights but not me.........

regards,

note: Blackhawk has a nice Serpa holster with a button you have to depress to draw the weapon.

Default Becoming Quite Expensive Cheap Gun

I bought the glock from Gun Runners new for $585 with the night sights. Bought a Alaskan Sportsman Chest Holster for $69 at Mountain View Sports. This morning bought the barrel and other goodies for $226 with shipping. Then just 5 minutes ago just bought 100 of Double Tap's 200 grn beartooth hard casts WFNGC for $97 with shipping.

I think I am done now. Already bought other ammo too. I like the holster and have one for my 44mag. I have to where it sits high on my left side chest. Easy access even through rain gear and stays in place quite nicely, also fits my new browning buck mark.

The 200grainers hard cast are rated for 1300 fps, I take it that is in a factory bbl. So should be a lot better out of my KKM. Pretty good I think especially for an auto. Well thanks again.

Default Still liking the KKM?

Just wondering how that barrel is working for you.
    Accuracy issue get worked out too?
    Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by 6XLeech View Post
    Just wondering how that barrel is working for you.
    Accuracy issue get worked out too?
    Thanks.

Yes I am liking the KKM, I just became a dealer of their barrels too! All makes and model.

Yes the accuracy is good. I went with the 6" of course. I can hit a 8" shoot n see target and pepper it green at 50yards! The glock barrel was probably fine, just the JUNK blazer ammo was the problem. Never have finished off that box of ammo! All I shoot is Double Tap. All this happened before I became a dealer of these products,Sept. '09 for DT and LWD.! I liked them, was offered by Mike to be a dealer of the ammo=no brainer there!!

I was thinking about the barrel back in '06 for some reason. Love the glock and the current set up. I will post pics when I get the new Lone Wolf long slide and TruGlo TFO night sights. I can get LWD barrels also!

Default Thanks.

Your homework paid off! Good.

Hey, my wife liked the DT ammo, 200gr WFNGC, 1300fbs out of her G20 this weekend. Kind of attached to her SW629 last year, but took a shine to the G20 this time. Said she could shoot better with it. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by 6XLeech View Post
    Your homework paid off! Good.

Hey, my wife liked the DT ammo, 200gr WFNGC, 1300fbs out of her G20 this weekend. Kind of attached to her SW629 last year, but took a shine to the G20 this time. Said she could shoot better with it. Thanks.
    I sold off my 8 3/8" revolver in .44mag, and carry the G20 all the time in woods!

More Double Tap in stock next week!