Thread: Going to Jim Creek Tomorrow.

Default Going to Jim Creek Tomorrow.

I just wanted to extend an invitation to anybody that wants to come along. We have three quads going, 1 4x4 and 2 sportys, so all are invited. I don't know if we will go all the way back to the glacier, it will depend on time. We should be leaving town around 1:00.

A member pm'd saying the Jim Creek crossing might be a bit tricky. A few people were stuck when he reached Jim Creek. Just a heads up. I plan to be out there on Saturday.

Quote Originally Posted by Water_Gremlin View Post
    A member pm'd saying the Jim Creek crossing might be a bit tricky. A few people were stuck when he reached Jim Creek. Just a heads up. I plan to be out there on Saturday.
    I had no problem crossing yesterday. It was only about 10" where I crossed. But that can always change!!
    EricL

post it up on alaska atvclub.org

Quote Originally Posted by RockHound View Post
    post it up on alaska atvclub.org
    Will do. Looks like a great website.

Well we made it back OK. Fixed a few little problems along the trail and the wife rolled her quad for the first time. It was a great day!

I was ripping down a trail, and to my surprise I found a whole. It almost put me over the handlebars.

Nice pics.

As of 4pm today most of the ice bridges over Jim Creek have fallen through. There were a lot of stucks in the couple hours dws and I watched the crossings.

Ya, EricL and I were among those! It was nice when we went in. Only about 10 inches of water at 9am, but wow did that change by mid day! The glacier was incredible though. Well worth the trip back! I will post some pictures tommorow.
    US Air Force - retired and Wildlife photographer

To follow my photography adventures check out my facebook page

Quote Originally Posted by Hunt'N'Photos View Post
    Ya, EricL and I were among those! It was nice when we went in. Only about 10 inches of water at 9am, but wow did that change by mid day! The glacier was incredible though. Well worth the trip back! I will post some pictures tommorow.
    Gotta agree, probably the best day I have had out since I've been in AK!! Too bad we had to get wet feet at the crossing. Water Gremlin, which rig were you in or on??
    EricL