Thread: Dall Sheep Outfitter

Thumbs up Dall Sheep Outfitter

I know this topic has probably been beat to death, but I was hoping for some help. My buddy and I are planning a Dall sheep hunt for 2010. We are looking at Castle Rock Outfitters, Alaska Alpine Outfitters and Max Schwab. Any thoughts and feed back would be very appreciated.

Default Just my thoughts

You might want to look up Jeff Chadd, he has some exclusive rights to an area in the Wrangell Mtns, and they bring home nice sheep every year. Jeff lives in Co, but comes to AK every August to run his camps.

Talking Welcome!

Dan,

First off, Welcome aboard!

I remember the first time I logged on. There are some great guys who gave me a lot of advise for my first sheep hunt. I am sure you will get the same treatment.

It was good talking with you today. You pretty much have the same excitement level I had 2 years ago. Don't worry, it will only get worse!! lol

Looking forward to seeing you and Andy Monday night to talk sheep in the Claw!!
    Last edited by FALCON; 03-20-2008 at 20:19. Reason: spelling

Hey welcome,
    If your looking at Alaska Alpine Adventures you may want to contact Rick ASAP, he lives not far from me & we keep in touch & he did tell me awhile ago he was booked through 2010.
    Rick's a great guy so you'ld have a great time but definately work your tail off.
    Email him or try calling his cell, he's on the slope alot or traveling to see his woman but he'll get back with you in a timely manor.
    Good luck

Default thanks for the help

Wow, I thought we were ahead of the game, but after speaking with Falcon and reading your replies... I think we have our work cut out for us. Also, I made a mistake, we want to hunt in 2yrs which would be the 2009 season.

cant help with those guides but I'd throw in deltana outfitters to that list also!

Default sheep guide

Check your Private Messages.
    Mark

I can second Deltana. Been on both a Caribou and Sheep hunt, great outfitt, gear, planes, and guides.