Thread: Cape Chacon fule and potable water

Default Cape Chacon fule and potable water

I'm going to be new to the Cape Chacon area this year and need to know if there are locations close to Cape Chacon where I can get fuel and potable water.
    Any information is most appreciated.
    Thank you.

Ketchikan, probably 30-35 miles away.

Fishfool:

I'm afraid he's probably right. Not sure if it's closer to run around to Craig, not sure if WaterFall Resort on the west coast of POW would sell fuel, but might. You should be able to google them. Another source could be Metlakatla on Annette Island. Not sure if they'll sell to outsiders since it is a reservation. That's another google you might try.

A lot of 'not sures' in this response, but hope it helps.

kingfisherktn

Thank you for all your help.

Ketchikan is the closest, Waterfall is about the same distance maybe a little further but nothing is available there (I work there) and Craig is another 12-14 miles farther north. Metlakatla and Hydaburg are the closest but being native towns I don't think I would recommend them.

metlakatla has a fuel dock and water and you will have no problem, they would welcome the business. I dont think hydaburg has a fuel dock any more. but I'm sure you can get water. Craig is about 60 miles from chackon.and there's a salt chuck you have to go threw that can get pretty harry at big tides and if there is wind it has sank some pretty big boats. get some local knowledge before you go up there. if you go up there you mayaswell stay and fish out of there.

oh ya water fall may sell you fuel but they will charge you big time they may even try to charge you for watter. but its under mew managment and it may be a difrent story now but I doubt it.

New management same old policy, no fuel/water at Waterfall.