Thread: Best place to buy boots.

Default Best place to buy boots.

I'm looking to buy some boots for a goat hunt.Any place in the fairbank area were I can go an try some boots?( beside SW)

Beaver Sports is the only place in town that carries mountaineering boots. They carry LaSportiva, Lowa, Merril and a couple others I think. Maybe Scarpa. Haven't been there in a while. But, it's pretty slim pickins here in Fairbanks.
    A gun is like a parachute. If you need one, and donít have one, youíll probably never need one again

Snyd is right. Pickens are pretty slim in FBX. What I usually do is get my size at Beaver Sports and then buy online.

I would suggest actually buying them from Beaver Sports, rather than walk in, use their services and then buy them somewhere else. What a lousy way to shop byrd_hntr.

The "expertise" of the people there varies, but there should be someone in the store that can help you out.

If you get down to Anchorage, there are quite a few places that are good for this. I was pleasantly surprised when I moved down here last year.

Quote Originally Posted by oakman View Post
    I would suggest actually buying them from Beaver Sports, rather than walk in, use their services and then buy them somewhere else...
    Ya, if they have what you are looking for. I bought some Salomon Mountain Lights from them 5 or 6 years ago. Great boots that happened to fit me. They carry (or used too) Koflachs but they don't fit my feet nor do the LaSportivas. Bummer is, no place else to go in town. I like to buy from the local guys if I can.
    A gun is like a parachute. If you need one, and donít have one, youíll probably never need one again

Cool,

Thanks guys. I will stop buy and see what they got for inventory.

Ok guys,

I got the chance to go by Beavers sports this weekend. The only boots that they had was the Lowa Hunter GTX. After checking prices in the e-net their prices seens to be preety much about the same. So here is the question; what is your opinion on this boots?

Thanks

Default Love 'em

Quote Originally Posted by Alaskadude View Post
    Ok guys,

I got the chance to go by Beavers sports this weekend. The only boots that they had was the Lowa Hunter GTX. After checking prices in the e-net their prices seens to be preety much about the same. So here is the question; what is your opinion on this boots?

Thanks
    Hands down the most comfortable boot I've ever worn. Did ya try them on though? Cause I hear some people need to order the wide. Also everyones feet are different and just because some people like them doesn't mean that they will be the best fit boot for your feet.

I bought these last year. Very comfortable, very good support, very little break in time, the high tounge keeps water out very well.

I don't think you will regret getting these.

Default lowas sheep hunters

Best boot you can get. Very comfortable with no break in.

It's a very good boot and you want regret buying them. You should try them on first because everyfoot is different. I also bought mine from Beaver Sport and I couldn't have order them online in cheaper.

I did try them on, I had to go a full size up to get a good fit. The boot feel real good on my feet. Thanks again for all the information.

Default Beaver sports

Usually about this time beavers start clearing out their winter and fall boot line, i have seen $300 pair boots for $59 before, you just have to look through every box for your size, but you guys are right, the common sizes are hard to find, but in the smaller sizes you can score. They do work with you and are pretty good there, sometimes they just knock off about 10-20 percent for no reason.