Thread: Handgun question?

Question Handgun question?

A friend of mine from back east asked me if I had ever heard of this weapon. I have not, but I thought I would put it out there to you guys.

FN Five Seven Handgun
    Semi auto that fires 5.7x28 round
    Supposedly close to a .223 with Kevlar piercing bullet not available to the public
    Recoil similar to .22 Magnum
    Comes with 20 round clips

They say this weapon is popular with gangs

Just so you know----I have no interest in something like this for myself. Just though I would throw this out to see if such a thing exists.
    Thanks for any information.

Default Got Google?

Quote Originally Posted by Gary W. View Post
    A friend of mine from back east asked me if I had ever heard of this weapon. I have not, but I thought I would put it out there to you guys.

FN Five Seven Handgun
    Semi auto that fires 5.7x28 round
    Supposedly close to a .223 with Kevlar piercing bullet not available to the public
    Recoil similar to .22 Magnum
    Comes with 20 round clips

They say this weapon is popular with gangs

Just so you know----I have no interest in something like this for myself. Just though I would throw this out to see if such a thing exists.
    Thanks for any information.
    http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q...=Google+Search

Tho the power is more akin to the .22WRM, the accuracy and reliability are on a 1-10 scale a TEN

SwampView AK, Overlooking Mt. Mckinley and Points Beyond.

I found brass from some of those at the range, last year, I think it was. I hadn't even heard of it before that, so I looked it up.

I saved one for my case collection. The head stamp is so tiny, I could hardly read it.

Smitty of the North
    Walk Slow, and Drink a Lotta Water.
    Has it ever occurred to you, that Nothing ever occurs to God? Adrien Rodgers.
    You can't out-give God.

Default Media bias

It most certainly is not a popular "gang" gun. Criminals use whatever black market, stolen POS they can get their bloody hands on. The five-seven got a lot of negative press when it came out, with all the body armor piercing claims and such. Same media spin as the Teflon cop-killer bullets, which never lived up to their name, or the plastic Glocks that the same media claimed would be smuggled onto aircraft since metal detectors wouldn't see them. Of course that's all hog wash. The five-seven is just another gun with a different caliber.
    Winter is Coming...

Go GeocacheAlaska!

Joat -

The irony is that gangsters probably emulate what they see & hear in the media; they see a Glock limply held sideways, then that's what they want to carry. I bet they don't swallow typical media over-reacted hogwash any more than we do, but rather go straight for the tools that go with the gang image.

I agree it's probably something the media hyped up to make a selling story. I remember hearing the hype about cop-killer bullets, then finding out years later that they've never been used in a single incident.
    Tsimshian tribe, wolf clan, the house of Walsk.

I notice that there is a lot of drive by killings and other killings with hand guns in our Citys and I am wondering if those limp wristed creeps are real good shots or just luckey shooters. It would be interesting if we could arange for a contest where we (The Firm Grippers would have a shoot out with the limp wristers). And have no cops allowed because they just scatter shoot and could injure themselfs or some innocents.

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by old guy View Post
    I notice that there is a lot of drive by killings and other killings with hand guns in our Citys and I am wondering if those limp wristed creeps are real good shots or just luckey shooters. It would be interesting if we could arange for a contest where we (The Firm Grippers would have a shoot out with the limp wristers). And have no cops allowed because they just scatter shoot and could injure themselfs or some innocents.

Can I play?
    Is there nothing so sacred on this earth that you aren't willing to kill or die for?

Yes the pistol is real and they sell sporting ammo for it to us peons. They're a pretty nice option for someone wanting a defensive arm with little recoil. Hopefully they'll make a compact or sub-compact version of it for concealed carry one day.

The rest of what you were told is Brady/VPC puke drivel.

http://www.fnherstal.com/html/Index.htm

(Click on LE and follow the menu to Five-seveN.)
    Now what ?

Be one hell of an interesting study to figure out where your typical banger learns how to operate a gun. I heard a statistic somewhere saying that if you are more than 10 feet away you are safer running away in any direction other than directly away, they aren't supposed to be very good with a gun. Your mileage may very.