Thread: John & Bobs

Default John & Bobs

Anybody ever use John & Bobs soil optimizer?

http://www.johnandbobs.com/ingredients.html

I'm thinking about giving it a try for problem soils that people want a lawn on.
    “When injustice becomes law, resistance becomes duty.” attributed to Thomas Jefferson

Default no...but looks interesting

Going to have to do more reading on their products.

However, I have used lawn seed and fertilizers from Gardens Alive, and I have been pleased with them. (http://www.gardensalive.com) They have a northern lawn seed mix that I really liked. The color of was pretty and it was nice and slow growing (less mowing). I mixed it with some clover and had a really nice, small plot of lawn. The moose sure liked it. They would come and lay down in it and eat.....silly moose. I still have a problem with the erosion control originated grasses invading my lawn though. (the stuff that DOT and GVEA and whoever plants after they do work.) It just means more work for me because they are fast growing and not as pretty.

I'm so happy we have a forum now!

Gina

That's an interesting website Gina, I might have to try hydroseeding a patch of ground with that mix.
    “When injustice becomes law, resistance becomes duty.” attributed to Thomas Jefferson

Land in Wasilla might be different than in the Fairbanks area, but we live north of Fairbanks in a clearing in a birch / aspen forest area. Our lawn was pretty measley until we tried Arctic Grow fertilizer. I can NOT recommend the stuff unless you want a deep green thick lawn that makes you mow the lawn darn near day and night. One treatment in Spring is enough.

Brian