Thread: Early Resident sheep season

Default Early Resident sheep season

http://www.boards.adfg.state.ak.us/g...rch08-summ.pdf

ACTION NO. SUBJECT
    REGION III--INTERIOR/STATEWIDE
    F 2-4 85 Open resident sheep seasons earlier than nonresident seasons in Region III.

Didn't the BOG reconsidered this proposal and provide a two day (Aug 10 and 11) residents only hunt?

Yes it was reconsidered. They decided to implament it in 2009, since the guides have already gotten clients scheduled for the 2008 season.
    Gun Control means hitting your target.
    "Giving up your gun to someone else on demand is called surrender. It means that you have given up your ability to protect yourself to a power that is greater than you." - David Yeagley
    Calling Illegal Immigrants "Undocumented Aliens" is like calling Drug Dealers "Unlicensed Pharmacists"

thats what I thought but..........wonder why the meeting summary indicates that it failed?

Surely the reconsideration was on the record?

Quote Originally Posted by AVALANCHE View Post
    thats what I thought but..........wonder why the meeting summary indicates that it failed?

Surely the reconsideration was on the record?

This has nothing to do with this thread, but Avalanche, I absolutely LOVE that quote by Twain.
    Marc Theiler

Quote Originally Posted by theilercabin View Post
    This has nothing to do with this thread, but Avalanche, I absolutely LOVE that quote by Twain.
    Your welcome to borrow it.......I did

Default Reconsidered and failed

This proposal was brought up for reconsideration a third time, on the last day of the BOG meeting, and it failed on a 4-2 vote.

So did it PASS or FAIL? What will it be for 2009?

It failed, and will therefore not be in place for the 2009 season.

Default I was told...

that it passed. I heard the first time, it failed, they brought it back up for consideration, and then the third time it passed. Implementing in 2009. I am pretty sure there is another thread on this in this section.

Default Here is what happened

It looks like what they did was had resident season open August 10 and non resident open on August 12. Season opening Aug. 10 and ending on Sept. 20 just like normal. Just a 2 day jump for residents.

Default Link to all the results of the BOG meeting in Fairbanks

Here is a link to a pdf that has the results of all of the Proposals considered at the BOG meeting in Fairbanks recently, including Proposal #85.

http://www.boards.adfg.state.ak.us/g...rch08-summ.pdf.

You are correct that it failed the first time around. Then Board member Dick Burley brought it back up for reconsideration, and it passed, with the amendments mentioned below. However, on the last day of the meeting it was brought up again, for reconsideration again, and it failed on a vote of 4-2.

Default have to wonder

why would it go for review 3 times, guides put the cabash on that

Default I will get confirmation

But the proposal 85 as written failed to open resident season earlier. I do believe that the amendment to have the residents open Aug. 10 and non resident on Aug. 12 did pass and that is what will will see in 2009.