Thread: Organization for military disabled?

Default Organization for military disabled?

I have a buddy whose a guide on the kenai. Any ways, he has mentioned (quite a few times) donating a few trips to the disable military vets. Is there an organization out there to talk to? I know mondays hes not allowed to charge customers and after 6PM. since hes got a few boats perfect time to help someone out.

Thanks
    Joel

I would try some chapters say SCI, or AOC, or any of the other big groups. Usually at the state level these are the groups doing these kinds of things for people, in this case disabled military going on a fishing trip. There is a group that does the chena flood project moose hunts for disabled people. You may check with chena rec to see who puts it on, if not them I believe it's blm that's there also and is a part of this hunt.

I believe but am not 100% sure there is a charter association? Might be the most appropriate group for it, yet maybe not the most publicized?

Default USO

I'd talk to the USO.
    Finally, Brad Childress is GONE!

BLINK

Its great to see folks taking a interest, try the VA Hospital in Anchorage

There was a group that took a group of vets that had been injured fishing in Kodiak about two years ago. I believe it was called Wounded Warriors, or something to that effect. You might google that and see.
    At sea, it's force not reason that confers sovereign rights

Thumbs up Wounded Warrior

Check out the Wounded Warrior project on the internet. I donated three trips last year and plan on doing it again this year, great bunch of kids.

He posts here regularly and is heavily involved in getting wounded warriors into fishing.

Have him give the guide association a call. They are in the middle of putting a Wounded Warrior Day together.

Talking Load Applause for Shawn too

Load Applause for Shawn too for doing those fishing trip, I'd say thats supporting our troops as not only did they risk there life in war and diserve support. That support should come from the people they help protect After a much longer lasting effect.
    I have a trip planned and thinking maybe a Fall bear hunt is in order.
    what could it hurt to take a Wonded Warrior out for a day fishing