Thread: Floating the Nuyakuk

Kenai pen, in summer. Matsu vally in winter

Default Floating the Nuyakuk

I was just wondering if anyone has floated the Nuyakuk river from Tikchik lake down to the mulchatna. Would like to know how that river is for fishing in late july i have a party of eight to do and thats about the only one they havent done in that area.

Default The Nuyakuk River

The Nuyakuk has a really nasty section of white water that you probably want to avoid. There is a portage trail around it though. Below that point there is a fair amount of powerboat activity and not a few folks engaged in subsistence activity based out of a local village. It's not as much a wilderness experience as some others-

-Mike
    LOST CREEK COMPANY: Specializing in Alaska hunt consultation and planning for do-it-yourself hunts, fully outfitted hunts, and guided hunts.
    CLICK HERE to send me a private message.
    Web Address: http://alaskaoutdoorssupersite.com/hunt-planner/
    Mob: 1 (907) 229-4501
    "Dream big, and dare to fail." -Norman Vaughan
    "I have climbed my mountain, but I must still live my life." - Tenzig Norgay

Kenai pen, in summer. Matsu vally in winter

Ive seen the rapids and was wondering if mabe anyone has used the trail is it a good trail and fairly easy. Ive had these same people for about 3 years they like about a seven to 10 day float and they like a differnt river every year. so far they have done the chilakradrotna, the stoyahuk, the koktuli, any sugestions would be great I was thinking about mabe the big bend on the upper part of the nush Ive done that one but it was in eary june. This trip would be at the end of july the fishing would probably be better then. Any suggestions would be great..

Default 'kuk

I have done the float three times over 8 years,mainly in Later September. The Portage trail is easily recognized and is not bad, but if you miss it the CLIV can do some damage. If you are floating on cats you do not have to disassemble them for the portage. Flew into the lake and was exfilled at Kolegnek Village. If you want any more information PM me
    thanks Rick