Thread: Custom Rack for my boat

Lightbulb Custom Rack for my boat

I need a custom rack built to get my dingy off the top of my boat with rodholders. Anybody had something like this done? Who/Where? I would like it to be made from steel or aluminum tubing to reduce weight. I have a 8' inflatable dingy with composite floorboards so it doesnt weight much. Thanks.

Kammer
    22' Seasport

I had Greer tank make my radar arch and rod holders. They did an excellent job and fast. I had the idea in my head and described it to the fabricator and it came out just the way I wanted it. A lot of times what you have pictured in your head isn't what the final product ends up like. This wasn't the case with them. I couldn't be happier. Fabricator's name is Mike Badura # 243-2455. Good luck

What is a "ballpark" price for one of these? I've been thinking about doing the same on my 17' Sea Runner.

Default Silver Streak

Silver Streak Boats in Anchorage... (just south of West Marine on Dimond D)

around $400 for a basic rack.

Photo in this thread...

http://forums.outdoorsdirectory.com/...ad.php?t=26804

Great Land here in Wasilla just tell him what you want and he will tell what it will cost. And he sticks to what he tells you plus does great work. Gary is one great person.

Default 2nd Greatland Welding

I had Gary do some work on my riverboat and it was on time, on budget and the workmanship was excellent.

Gary is very easy to work with. Give him a call. 745-2383

Kammer, I have what you speak of on my Sea Sport. It sets the dinghy 12inchs off the roof and you can slide kayaks under it while the dinghy is there. It was on the boat when I bought it, I'll have to find some pictures and post them. Its stainless steal same size as the railing and such. Rod holders mounted on it and everything. Give me a day or two to get some pictures for you.

Default Thanks for the info

I'll use this info myself and give Gary a call for the exact same thing.
    I appreciate the information and tips given on this form, thank you.
    Hike faster. I hear banjo music.

Smile Sweet

Myers

I cant wait to see it. Sounds like you have exactly what I am looking to do. I have my own ideas but am very open to suggestions. Thanks.

Win Mag, your rack looks great. Definately worth the money it looks. That could be comprehended wrongly.

Kammer
    22' Seasport

Default Racks

And I'm not saying any thing bad about Geer, but I wanted a aluminum swim step made they said $600. Not bad compaired to a company in Ca wanted $1200, ouch.
    But instead I found a retired welder with a shop who made it for $350.
    I understand overhead, insurance and so on.

Default Retired welder

AlaskaPiranha,

Do you have contact info for your welder?

Unhappy Sending pictures???

I made an attempt to send the pictures and I know I have done it before, but now I can't remember or I am missing something. Someone give me a hint to jump start my brain (I know I am wide open for sarcasm, be nice) and I will try again to send the pics out to you. Thanks -Myers

Code:

I had Gary do some work on my riverboat and it was on time, on budget and the workmanship was excellent. 

Gary is very easy to work with. Give him a call. 745-2383
    I stopped into Greatland Welding last Summer to pay someone to fix my jet unit, I couldn't figure it out. Gary said to back the boat into the driveway, grab any tools you need from the shop just clean them and put them back, gave me advice and said yell if I get stuck. He stopped by every 10 minutes or so to see how I was doing, and he had customers all over the place. I didn't know him from Adam. Free tools and free advice, heck of a nice guy. Haven't had anything that needs welded or made yet, but when I do he will be my first stop.