Thread: First and last ptarmigan...probably

Smile First and last ptarmigan...probably

A friend and I hit the ptarmigan spot today and had our first success of the year and probably last of the season. I left with at least eight still in the bushes. That's good breeding stock for next year. I almost had a shot on a bunny too, that would have been a nice bonus.

The little man in the picture isn't quit ready for all the hiking but he loves holding and eating them. That's good training for now. Happy St. Patrick's Day
    Attached Images Attached Images

Default nice birds

Nice birds yog. thanks for leaving me some. wish i could have been with you but somebody has to work around here. Congrats.

Thumbs up Nice Going

Good looking birds Yogibear! Your little guy looks like he can't wait to tromp the hills with you. Your picture sums up a day that can't get any better; well, OK, I guess you could invite me over for some a game meat and share -- that would be better. Nice job dude.

Thumbs up That's a great picture!

Quote Originally Posted by yogibear View Post
    A friend and I hit the ptarmigan spot today and had our first success of the year and probably last of the season. I left with at least eight still in the bushes. That's good breeding stock for next year. I almost had a shot on a bunny too, that would have been a nice bonus.

The little man in the picture isn't quit ready for all the hiking but he loves holding and eating them. That's good training for now. Happy St. Patrick's Day

You should frame it.

That's a stone cold killer.

Is it true you shot them with a blow gun Yogi?

Secret's out!