Thread: Hewescraft

Default Hewescraft

I have one big question for the forum here, i am about to order a 26' PC cuddy cabin with galley, berth and marine head. Twin 115hp motors. The only short come on this boat is a fishing area of 66'' long and 77'' wide. Yes its a little tight but i don't plan on having more than four fishing at any one time. This is a very large investment for my wife and I and we want to make the right choice with a boat. We do plan on fishing, hunting and exploring/ camping on the boat when not working to buy gas. Thanks for the insite on this question. Regards T

I don't know what size the new cabins are. I have an 26 Alaska Hewes with an extended cabin. At first I thought it was going to be tight fishing off the back. And your right 4 people is a good number. It can be done with five. Allot of times I fish the front. For me the extra cabin space ended up being what I needed.
    You will learn real quick how to fish off the back.
    You will love your hewes.
    Living the Alaskan Dream
    Gary Keller
    Anchorage, AK

The new cabins are 107'' inside, i wanted the 2 captain's chairs so i had to cut the dinnet in half to get the chairs. I also plan on puttinga pot puller on sometime later as well.

Default Tough choices . . .

I believe Hewescraft added the head as an option in the Pacific Cruiser for '08 (it wasn't available last year, or that's what I'd be driving!). That said, I believe they took the space for the head out of the fishing deck. The 26' Cruiser without the head and the standard Mid size cabin has a fishing deck of 95", according to the Hewescraft drawings on their website. Add the head and it drops to 66", as opposed to the 109" shown for the 26' Alaskan with a marine head.

IMHO, the 66" is way too small, but I like to fish five large guys out the back too, sooooo . . . . have fun with your decision.

Cheers,
    SH

My friend had the same boat as me but went with the small cabin. He had a ton of fishing room in the back but o space in the cabin.
    Living the Alaskan Dream
    Gary Keller
    Anchorage, AK

My back deck is 68.5 inches deep and I wouldn't want any shallower. It is barely big enough to have a guy fighting a big fish and then have two people getting ready to shoot and gaf, if they are big dudes there isn't really enough room for three people on one side working.
    ... aboard the 'Memory Maker' Making Memories one Wave at a Time!

Default hewes 26 pc

I just took delivery of a 26PC without the extended cabin just because I didnt want to lose the large fishing deck, with 66 inch back deck there is no room for coolers or more than two big guys. I had a 22ft OP before I ordered this boat and knew what a problem it was with around a 65 inch deck.

Default Hewescraft

I purchased an 07 26ft pacific cruiser. At that time they didn't offer the head. Like others I typically fish 4 and the deck size is just right. Looking at the 08 with the head the fishing deck space is too small. I wanted a fishing boat so the extra space was number. Also I think the fish hold in the floor is smaller too. If you don't plan on fishing a lot of people at once you should be fine. I love my boat and don't have any regrets. The 08 improvements are nice on the new boats. Good luck with your purchase.