Thread: Day time howlers?

Default Day time howlers?

Dose anyone know if you can get the yotes to howl up here during the middle of the day? I haven't heard any except dusk dawn and at night.

When I was out bear hunting last spring (early May, if memory serves), I heard a coyote barking and yelping for about a half hour as I decended a long wooded ridge. Later that day it started again, and I found a vantage point where I was able to watch two coyotes chase each other back and forth for over an hour. They never moved far from a specific spot, though, which led me to think that they were probably by their den. Alas, season was closed by then so I was unable to put a stalk on them. That was fine, though, as it was great to just sit, watch, and listen.

Of course, I have no idea if hearing them during the day is a regular occurance or not.

Thanks Brian. Any info is good info! Maybe yipping and barking during the day might be a good way to locate the dogs this time of year during the day. It is the time of year for them to be looking for a room mate!

Thanks snowshoe