Thread: Blazing Reels Charters

Default Blazing Reels Charters

Hi guys,

Just wanted to know if any of you have been on this boat. Spoke with the Capt a few times and seems to know his stuff. Real nice guy too. I have booked 2 trips with him on July 1 and 2.

As well, I read in another post from a while back that some captains will just put you on top of the fish, have you catch your limit, then bring you back. I dont know about you guys, but doesnt that sound like grocery shopping? Catching if FUN, but a day on the water in better for me.
    Lets say Im going for Halibuts and we limit out in an hour, what happens then? Should I expect him to bring me back? I would prefer fishing the whole/half day.

Thanks in advance

Forgot to mention he is out of Homer.

I Have Heard Nothing But Good About Should Have A Great Trip....

Default Excellent

Doug was born and raised in Homer to a Homer pioneer family. He knows the area, and knows how to fish. His boat, The Last Dance, is very nice and great to fish out of. I have used Doug for several trips and have always received excellent reports. I think you made a great choice.

Good luck.

Great to hear guys. Im not surprised either.
    Just the way he handled the whole thing. I emailed him and a few other places, and he called me only a few hours after the email.

Then, he gives me all his info and says: I know you're looking, so gimme a call if you decide to go with us. I thought that was cool. A lot of people pitch you on how good their boat is then say: How do you wanna pay???

Doug seems real nice. Im happy to hear this.