Thread: New Diamond Justice?

Default New Diamond Justice?

I was at Cabela's today and in my wonderings I started looking at bows. I am quite tall and after measuring my draw length we ascertained that I would use a 31" draw. After a brief search of the entire stock of the retail store we found precisely 1 bow that would even fit! While I was waiting for the tech to take the bow back an stretch it or whetever they did to maximize it's draw length, I watched several other customers shoot a variety of other bows. The first thing that I noticed about the diamond bows is that they are QUIET! Once I got the bow in my hand it was totally maxed out draw length and weight, needless to say I was nervous since the last bow I shot was an old PSE Fireflight when I was 11! I have only used a mechanical release on 1 other occasion and that time I discharged an arrow while trying to draw the darn thing! Luckly I was able to draw all 70lbs (80% letoff), the scott archery little bitty goose was the most comfortable release I tested and I managed to only propel arrows down range when I intended to! The Diamonds draw was very smooth and I put 6 arrows down range all of them within 5" with no fliers. Cabelas does not have the specs for the new justice on it's site yet but they are available: http://www.diamondarchery.com/justice.php
    The bow was 499 bare. I am curious if there are any other bows that I should look at that will actually fit before I throw down the $$$?
    I will say that I had a blast shooting even briefly today and I think the bug may be biting... It sure would be nice to hunt within 5 miles of the haul road and get to chase swamp donkeys a week earlier!

Default i own a justice

i love it it is quite and i bought a sims stabilizer and it knocked down alot of the vibration there quick and very easy to pull back. I do only have a 25 inch draw length so they might max out at 30 but i know the rapture has a 31 inch draw length. I say do it i only paid 369 at sportsmans warehous and on ebay you can buy them for 379 i have the 07 model. It is a keep i plan on killing a moose as soon as i get back from the sand box.

Thanks for the info. I just have to push it through the finance commitee. Good luck over there I had the good fortune of spending some time in 05 and 07 dodging mortars before I had my fill and took a more civil(ian) career path. Good luck and happy hunting!

Default Just bought the marquis

and I love it. I am 6'5" and thought I needed the 31" draw length and while pulling it back we found the way I draw i only need the 30" draw. It is smokin fast and very quiet. I have been shooting it about a month now and it is a very accurate bow.
    Just my 2cents on the subject.

Ltlbucks

I really like the Marquis as well and was considering it for my new bow. I'm leaning elsewhere now, but will probably shoot the Marquis one last time before deciding on another bow for sure. The Marquis is certainly in my top 3 or 4, though.

I shot the Parker Pioneer XP today and it was very fun to shoot. The draw was very smooth and it felt more comfortable than the diamond. It is also very quiet but was not nearly as fast as the diamond . I did really like the QAD hunter drop-away rest on the parker though. It actually captures the arrow and only drops away when it detects the sudden release of a shot. That way in a hunting situation if you draw and let off the arrow stays captured so you can redraw when the opportunity presents itself. Well that is two down and a bunch more to look at. I will be making trips to the local archery shops to check out a few more before making a decision. As allways I am open to any suggestions I am on a budget though so finding a bow that is reasonable enough my wife doesn't lock me out of the house would be a big plus!

LuJon - If your budget is around $500, try out the Kodiak Bowlogic at Archer's Den. It's pretty similar to the Kodiak Titan, which is certainly among the best bows I have shot after trying out close to 20 different models. If you're looking more in the Marquis price range, I'd also take a look at the Titan. I still may buy a Bowtech, but I have really liked the Kodiaks that I have shot.

I shot the Marquis this evening at Gander Mountain (these southern folks are spoiled with their big box stores!) and found that a 30" draw is best for me with that bow. It was only a 60# draw demo model so I can't judge it too much against the others. It tended to want to pop me on the forearm unlike the Parker. The Gander Mountain range also had a bad echo which made it seem noisier than it probably was. It did have a very smooth draw though. I will hopefully be getting out of WI tonight and be back into ANC by 3 in the afternoon tomorrow so I may just have to plan a stop on the way home from the airport. Of course with the blizzard they are having down here the airport is closed so that plan is subject to change! I see that the Archers Den is located off the old glen I am not too familiar with Eagle River so if someone could give me a landmark I would appreciate it!

It's in the same parking lot as Midas, which is pretty hard to miss as you drive down the main road through Eagle River.

Check out Fletchers and Back Country Archery also for there bows. I know Bill does a package for his diamond bows. Sight, arrows, rest, and quiver.
    Living the Alaskan Dream
    Gary Keller
    Anchorage, AK

I think that I am going to stop by Archers Den today after work. I shot the BowTech Vital Impact yesterday and it seems like quite the deal for unde $600 total ready to shoot. I planned on swinging through last Saturday but it ended up taking me 22 hours to get home from WI! We were snowed in so bad Northwest said they wouldn't be able to get us out of Milwaukee for 3-4 days, so we ended up renting a car and driving to Minneapollis MN in time to catch the afternoon ANC flight, quite the adventure!!