Thread: Advice for van rentals.

Default Advice for van rentals.

I am looking for a place where I can rent a van for a trip I plan on making in August. I am looking for something that is small enough where I can camp in campgrounds but still has a bed to sleep in just in case, as I will be traveling with my 2 daughters age 5 and 7 and my wife. I will be fishing and touring north of Anchorage for around 2 weeks. I am a school teacher, so price is important, but a company with a great reputation is also important. Searching the internet for rentals in Anchorage can become a long and drawn out ordeal. Therefore, any advice from you folks who know what I'm talking about will be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance, Billy Knight and family.

Hi Billy,

Ive never been to anchorage and Im visiting this summer as well. I asked the same question a few days ago and was told to check out:

"Beauty Vans" as a web search.

I went online and requested some info via email twice already but no one got back to me. I looked up on google "conversions vans rental anchorage" and all types of combinations but I mostly got 'Avis' or 'enterprise' etc.

I also got a link to RV rentals but those were $150 daily (the smaller ones) without any miles, plus insurance and whatever else they can take from you I guess.

'Beauty Vans' did come up but I highly suggest you call instead of emailing and waiting like Im doing... What the hell am I doing! Im calling them now!

Good luck and let me know if you find something. Im still looking as well! You can pm me.

Jonathan

Default Beauty Vans of Alaska

I rented with them for over 10 years. The company was sold when the original owner died, but I suspect the quality is still there.

The van is a smart play, and 4 can sleep in it in a pinch...

http://www.alaskanauthor.com

Default Thanks

What a coincidence. Nice to hear from a guy where I got the Beauty van idea in the first place. I have both of your books and I would highly recommend them to anyone out there trying to fish Alaska on a teachers salary. Jonathan, I have heard back from this company, twice actually but they have yet to change hands and they told me to check back in March however I still have had no luck. If I hear anything I will let you know immediately. Once again thanks to both of you for your time. Billy Knight

Alright Billy. Keep me posted. Same on my side, if I get some info, Ill let you know. Im going to PM you now so that I have your contact.

Jonathan