Thread: Legal Question

Default Legal Question

Need some help or pointed in the right direction. If somebody did a fundraiser for a scholarship fund, and one of the raffle or bid items was a black bear hunting trip, would a registered guide have to take them on the hunt? I know an out of stater doesn't have to be guided for black bear, but would it constitute guiding without a license being the hunter paid something to the fundraiser for the hunt?
    "Everything that lives and moves will be food for you. Just as I gave you the green plants, I now give you everything."

Bethel, Cantwell, Fort Yukon, Skagway, Chevak and Point Hope

Nope. Good luck too the lucky winner.

Default Not if "guide" services

Quote Originally Posted by blackfoot View Post
    Need some help or pointed in the right direction. If somebody did a fundraiser for a scholarship fund, and one of the raffle or bid items was a black bear hunting trip, would a registered guide have to take them on the hunt? I know an out of stater doesn't have to be guided for black bear, but would it constitute guiding without a license being the hunter paid something to the fundraiser for the hunt?
    were not included as a part of the deal. Don't advertise guide services and don't accompany the hunter in the field.

Why don't you describe the raffle offer item in detail and post it here; you will probably get some more input.

SFW is offering outfitted, unguided black bear hunts in 16b including transportation, baiting stations and camps...........you should be able to do the same for your raffle. http://www.adn.com/news/alaska/ap_al...ry/341567.html

And this article http://www.adn.com/outdoors/hunting/story/341308.html

Default Should have..

I should have been more clear. Somebody would accompany the hunter in the field and provide what would normally be considered services that a guide provides. That person would not be compensated, only the scholarship fund.
    "Everything that lives and moves will be food for you. Just as I gave you the green plants, I now give you everything."

By technically "selling" the hunt, the person accompanying the hunter could be considered a guide. That would run afoul of the guide regs, IMO. Even tho the pretend guide isn't receiving payment, he is providing services for your fund raiser which does receive payment.
    Might talk to the Troopers for a more definate answer.
    I can't help being a lazy, dumb, weekend warrior.......I have a JOB!
    I have less friends now!!

Default An idea-

Quote Originally Posted by blackfoot View Post
    I should have been more clear. Somebody would accompany the hunter in the field and provide what would normally be considered services that a guide provides. That person would not be compensated, only the scholarship fund.
    You might avoid all the hassle and just find a guide who would do it for the exposure and the tax writeoff. In which GMU is this hunt taking place?

-Mike
    LOST CREEK COMPANY: Specializing in Alaska hunt consultation and planning for do-it-yourself hunts, fully outfitted hunts, and guided hunts.
    CLICK HERE to send me a private message.
    Web Address: http://alaskaoutdoorssupersite.com/hunt-planner/
    Mob: 1 (907) 229-4501
    "Dream big, and dare to fail." -Norman Vaughan
    "I have climbed my mountain, but I must still live my life." - Tenzig Norgay

Default legal

Haven't seen it mentioned, but is a "licensed transporter" suppling the transport involved? Of course if you get a guide, that part will be covered. I'd check with the troopers also, no matter what advice you get here. They're the ones you'll have to deal with once the hunt starts.
    Gary