Thread: Peep sights

Default Peep sights

I was interested in opinions on durable peep sights,before purchasing any.

Default DUH

Quote Originally Posted by AKbum View Post
    I was interested in opinions on durable peep sights,before purchasing any.
    What you gonna' put'em on. How old are you? Do you wear glasses? What is there intended use? MORE INFO
    " Americans will never need the 2nd Amendment, until the government tries to take it away."

On the road of life..... Pot holes keep things interesting !

http://www.williamsgunsight.com/guns...htsdefault.htm

I have several of these. No complaints.

I prefer the target knobs.

I lost one of the teenie-tiny ball bearings while converting a standard sight to target knobs and the Williams folks sent me 2 new ones free of charge. They even paid the postage. They didn't have to do that.

I just put on a Lymans no 2 tang site on my lever 44 and it has greatly improved my accuracy. However this peep is hinged and with every shot the recoil kicks the peep backwards.

I have a williams on my muzzloader. I love it.

Default williams

I have a Williams on my 30-30. I've been very happy with it. I lost one of the little screws when I first got it before I even put it on the gun. Williams sent me a replacement within days at no charge.

I apreceiate all of your info so far,I am building a.416 by .404 Dakota standard length cartridge,M98 action,.416 shilen, #4 conture,cut to 21 inch,Going with Murphys sugestion banded masterpeice NECG front sight,Any ideas are apreciated,except when some people reply back with DUH?. Thanks so far

The Lyman peep is far better than the other sights as the are all steel and out last the aluminium sights many times over. I think the peep sights are great as long as your eyesight holds up. The Lyman 57 maybe just the right pep sight for you.
    "The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tryants." (Thomas Jefferson

Williams Gunsite is an hour from my house here in MI and they do fabulous work.

The other sight I would check out is the XS Ghost Ring. I have one on my Model 94 Timber in .450 Marlin and it took the abuse of a week-long Saskatchewan black bear hunt (many miles on the quads on a two-track that I swear was made by a Conestoga Wagon in the 1800's pulled by mountain goats).

Thanks every one for info,I went with XS ghost ring peep;made for m98.
    made from soild bar stock,waranty,tech support helpfull;just purchased
    this morning.Thanks