Thread: Cabelas Outfitter's Wooltimate™ Jacket

Default Cabelas Outfitter's Wooltimate™ Jacket

Just purchased this jacket as I was in the market for a new wool jacket for hunting down here in SE. (I'm a HUGE fan of anything wool)

I chose this jacket as it was advertised as being a blend of wool and fleece. And everyone loves fleece right? I figured man, this stuff might be a great combo.

The jacket arrived early this week so I havent had much time to use it yet.

I got the regular jacket, size medium, in Outfitters camo, personally my favorite camo pattern out there.

The jacket itself is quite nice. The outside appears to be some kind of blend of wool and fleece. Its softer than most wool, which I find quite nice.
    The inside of the jacket is fleece lined. This is a HUGE plus as it slides on easily and doesnt chafe or itch.

One thing I will say about this jacket is it is THICK. It is definately a COLD weather jacket. I was hoping it would be a bit thinner then it was as I move and walk around quite a bit when I hunt (not a big fan of still hunting. I like to cover ground.)

This jacket would be perfect for someone who is doing a late season still hunt that loves hunting the brush

I got the pull-over one with the hood. Love it. Really like the large pouch in the front, plus it'll keep you really warm. Not an August jacket.

I dig the jacket as well - Though when I bought it was hoping for somthing a tad lighter. But this will make a great mid-late season jacket here..

I should add the sizes seem to be a bit on the larger side...

Quote Originally Posted by OneLunG View Post
    I should add the sizes seem to be a bit on the larger side...
    Yup, I got one a couple years ago and it was an XLarge and it was very big, I sold it to a buddy after only wearing it a couple times. Its a sweet jacket though for typical September hunts. I would burn up hiking in it though as it is quite warm.

Thumbs up

I'm liking that hoodie style Matt referred to. I've been wearing the same fleece hoodie for ten years and its time for a new one. Mine is falling apart.

Roland, do you think that the extra large size you sold will fit a 6'5'' guy?

Frank I cant say whether or not it will be long enough for you (torso and sleeves) but its definately big enough for husky guys. You being so tall it may or mey not. I dont recall the sleeves being overly long.

The fit just seems to accomadate guys who are....larger around?

Quote Originally Posted by OneLunG View Post
    The fit just seems to accomadate guys who are....larger around?
    "Larger around" Thats funny! But if you watch some of the hunting shows on TV these days, it would make sense that they are making clothes to fit the donut lovers!....grin

Not to sidetrack but how does this jacket compare to the windshear berber by cabelas?
    We do not go to the green woods and crystal waters to rough it, we go to smooth it. We get it rough enough at home; in towns and cities; in shops, offices, stores, banks anywhere that we may be placed

Its a little heavier and a little warmer, I have owned the Berber one with Wind Stopper when they first made it and the newer model they came out with a couple years ago with Windshear. The Wooltimate is warmer and heavier IMO.

Talking

How is the wooltimate in windy conditions? Being 6'4 and on the skinny side i hafta throw on an extra layer to keep warm sometimes. bummer they dont have the wooltimate in tall though
    We do not go to the green woods and crystal waters to rough it, we go to smooth it. We get it rough enough at home; in towns and cities; in shops, offices, stores, banks anywhere that we may be placed

Quote Originally Posted by fullkurl View Post
    I'm liking that hoodie style Matt referred to. I've been wearing the same fleece hoodie for ten years and its time for a new one. Mine is falling apart.

Roland, do you think that the extra large size you sold will fit a 6'5'' guy?
    I will probably make another trip up to cabela's while I am down here only 30min away. I looked at the wooltimate jacket today but thought it was kind of heavy for my current needs as has been said previously it would be good for late season. I am 6'5" as well so I will try it on and let you know

I have the Jacket and pants. Really warm, but heavy. I use it for late season moose hunting, it is a toasty setup. Soft and warm and it works at keeping you warm when it is wet too.

Steve

Quote Originally Posted by LuJon View Post
    I will probably make another trip up to cabela's while I am down here only 30min away. I looked at the wooltimate jacket today but thought it was kind of heavy for my current needs as has been said previously it would be good for late season. I am 6'5" as well so I will try it on and let you know
    Thanks, LuJon. I'm almost 6'6" about 225# right now, I haven't been training for the Mr. Olympia this year .
    Yemmie know how it fits for you.

Thanks for the "on-forum" modelling, Steve.

Quote Originally Posted by fullkurl View Post
    Thanks, LuJon. I'm almost 6'6" about 225# right now, I haven't been training for the Mr. Olympia this year .
    Yemmie know how it fits for you.

Thanks for the "on-forum" modelling, Steve.
    As promissed I braved the driving blizzard and idiot drivers to once again go to the sportsmans mecca that is Cabelas retail. I tried on the jacket in XL and 2XL. They are both generous in girth but the XL was a bit short every where for me. The 2Xl was not much bigger in the body than the XL but it added about an 1.5-2" to the arms and overall length. I would guess that you would be best fit with the 2XL. It fit me and I am right at 6'5" and perhaps a touch over 250.