Thread: Will Commercial Boats Be out Monday?

Default Will Commercial Boats Be out Monday?

Just wondering if the commercial boats will be out at the mouth of the kenai and kasilof rivers on Monday, July 31? I read the order, and seems like it will be, but not entirely clear to me. I would like to go dipnet on either one of these rivers Monday evening. Last time I hit the Kasilof though, the commercial boats had the entire river choked up and barely fish were coming in. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Default Yep!

Quote Originally Posted by jmg
    Just wondering if the commercial boats will be out at the mouth of the kenai and kasilof rivers on Monday, July 31? I read the order, and seems like it will be, but not entirely clear to me. I would like to go dipnet on either one of these rivers Monday evening. Last time I hit the Kasilof though, the commercial boats had the entire river choked up and barely fish were coming in. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.
    They were, and there were few, if any, fish getting through. I didn't see a single fish caught.

-Mike
    LOST CREEK COMPANY: Specializing in Alaska hunt consultation and planning for do-it-yourself hunts, fully outfitted hunts, and guided hunts.
    CLICK HERE to send me a private message.
    Web Address: http://alaskaoutdoorssupersite.com/hunt-planner/
    Mob: 1 (907) 229-4501
    "Dream big, and dare to fail." -Norman Vaughan
    "I have climbed my mountain, but I must still live my life." - Tenzig Norgay

Thanks Mike. I saw your message this morning, after having gone down to dip last night. I thought things might be good on the Kenai, but I also figured it would be flooded with people with only the one day left. So I hit the Kasilof instead. The boats were out there too, but I ended the night with 7, and there were fish being caught, although certainly not in super high numbers. One guy though just seemed to be in the right spot. He probably put about 25 in. Lots of people were sort of crowding up on him to be where he was, but he just stayed there and kept pulling them. The others did not. It was very bizarre. Everybody was teasing him about his diver he had in the water putting fish into his net. When he hit a slow spot we all said his diver had to go get more air for the tanks.

Only my second time dipping. Last time was on the Kasilof the day after the Kenai closed. I got zero last time, so the fish I got last night was a much better time. Until next year.