Thread: Will Commercial Boats Be out Monday?

Default Will Commercial Boats Be out Monday?

Just wondering if the commercial boats will be out at the mouth of the kenai and kasilof rivers on Monday, July 31? I read the order, and seems like it will be, but not entirely clear to me. I would like to go dipnet on either one of these rivers Monday evening. Last time I hit the Kasilof though, the commercial boats had the entire river choked up and barely fish were coming in. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

There is a commercial opening tomorrow from 7 a.m. to 7p.m.. The kasilof terminal harvest area is closed as well as the mouth of the Kenai. Lot's of jumpers at the lower kenai at 8p.m. tonight. some of them were pretty small and probably humpys. Good luck to all-dippers, sports and commies.

Thanks for the info Gunner. One more question though. You said "the mouth of the kenai" and "the kasilof terminal harvest area" are closed. Where is the "kasilof terminal harvest area"? Is this the mouth of the Kasilof? I tried to find this on ADFG website but didn't see it. Thanks for any help.

Roughly speaking, the terminal harvest area's north boundary is one mile north of the river. THe south boundary is one mile south of the river. the outside boundary is one and one half mile off the beach. The navigational channel is closed. This area has been fished heavily this year due to the strength of the kasilof run and the weakness of the kenai run. No one likes it, even the commies. The fish managers are doing the best they can under the guidelines set by the board of fish.