Thread: Transducer selection for Garmin 340C fishfinder

Default Transducer selection for Garmin 340C fishfinder

Hi all

Courtesy of Lake Louise (in spots it gets shallow FAST) I need a new transducer for my 340C. It came with a dual-beam transducer, I've been thinking of getting the dual-frequency transducer but I don't know if it'll be worth it.

I mainly use the fishfinder in PWS and occasionally a few southcentral lakes, dont really use it much in the rivers since I usually read the terrain/bends/flows.

Also, I'm considering a thru-hull transducer, dont know if its worth it either.

Opinions?

Thx

for that unit, you wouldn't be able to tell a difference. I'm not sure on the max depth reading for the 340, i think probably around 900', but i don't think it would matter much. And I've always thought they are actually the same thing. Dual beam just means it shoots the soundings down in a cone shape instead of straight down, so you get a wider range of readings. And dual frequency means 50/200khz. You can switch between the two for different details. Correct me if I'm wrong people, lol. I'm, not sure on this one.

Default Transducer

Quote Originally Posted by Maast View Post
    Hi all

Courtesy of Lake Louise (in spots it gets shallow FAST) I need a new transducer for my 340C. It came with a dual-beam transducer, I've been thinking of getting the dual-frequency transducer but I don't know if it'll be worth it.

I mainly use the fishfinder in PWS and occasionally a few southcentral lakes, dont really use it much in the rivers since I usually read the terrain/bends/flows.

Also, I'm considering a thru-hull transducer, dont know if its worth it either.

Opinions?

Thx
    I've used a Vexilar flasher with their alumaducer, through the hull, transducer for several years. Its a great product and they make an adapter to connect to the 340C. Its hard to tear off a transducer if it's in the boat. Check this.
    http://www.vexilar.com/pages/accesso...ducers_au.html