Thread: Caribou hunting partner

Default Caribou hunting partner

I want to go to Alaska hunting Caribou in Sept. The friend I had planned to go with has failed to save any money, Now I'm faced with trying to find someone yo hunt with. If your interested, contact me at www.steelecdsteele@yahoo.com
    Thanks
    Dale

Dale, that appears to be a combination web site and e-mail address that I cannot get to open or anything else.

Quote Originally Posted by thesteeleboy View Post
    I want to go to Alaska hunting Caribou in Sept. The friend I had planned to go with has failed to save any money, Now I'm faced with trying to find someone yo hunt with. If your interested, contact me at www.steelecdsteele@yahoo.com
    Thanks
    Dale
    Hey Dale, you need to post more information on what you were planning such as: bow/gun, where are you planning to hunt, what expectations do you have of the partner, how long have you been hunting, have you hunted Alaska before, what gear do you have, etc. This is just a start. The more info you provide, the more responses you will probably get on here. Good luck!!
    EricL

Default general description...

i may have lost my partner also...explain your hunt...
    ...Jackie Bushman is a TOOL

Please explain what you have planned, I may be interested. Maybe those of us who are just 1 should try to get together and share costs and whatever else. Any interest?

Question More Organized

Gee, Finding a hunting partner would be great however I hope he would be more organized and have a more detailed plan on the hunt as well as the rest details.
    Post some more detailed info on what you have going to show you have a good plan togehter and I might be interested in any type of hunt going on.

Default Caribou Hunting Partner

The hunt would be through Alaska Wilderness Charters and Guiding, w/ Brad Saalsaa, cost = $2,750.00. The hunt would be conducted north west of Kotzebue near the Noatak preserve. Hunt dates would be 09-05-2008 through 09-11-08, but the first and last dates would be flying in and out. You would arrange round trip transportation to Anchorage on 09-04-08 and out on 09-12-08. At that point we would split the cost on A room, approx= $50.00 ea. The next morning at 6:00 am get on A plane for Kotzebue, round trip cost= $454.00 from Travelocity. Land in Kotzebue, take A short training course, load gear on plane, and depart for hunting destination. Set up camp and look around, you cant hunt on this first day. On 09-05 hunt begins-09-10 last day of hunt. 09-10-08, pickup around 10:00 and transport back to Kotzebue. Package meat, cape, antlers, for shipping and ship it via. transport plane to Anchorage cost about $50.00 for horns, cape and about 50 lbs. of meat, the rest of my meat Brad will donate to local people. Catch an afternoon flight to Anchorage, already paid for in round trip fare, then take cape and horns to taxidermist, he tans cape, cuts antlers off, cleans them. then he ships the tanned cape and antlers to your home, approx. cost $400.00 to your door. Spend the night in Anchorage, cost another approx= $50.00 ea for one room. Take am flight home.
    Your also responsible for Caribou tag= $325.00, Hunting license= $80.00. I also think 50%-50% renting A satellite phone would be A good idea but am not sure of the cost. I think it all comes to around $4,200.00 plus A little for cafe and such. Remember your airfare to anf from Anchorage.
    That's A lot of typing for a guy that can only type with one finger. I will not be held responsible for any miss information or mistakes in this information, {I know A lawyer would want me to put that in here}. I have done my best to supply you with all the information I have. All things in Alaska can change due to adverse weather, and other things out of anyone's control. Please e-mail me at www.steelecdsteele@yahoo.com with any questions or comments. Serious inquiries only because i'm not kidding about typing with one finger.
    Last edited by thesteeleboy; 03-16-2008 at 13:17. Reason: A couple mistakes

Default What's the "short training course"

What's the course you are referring to?

There is a Unit 23 Hunter's Orientation on the Alaska Fish and Game web site that is suppose to be reveiwed by all caribou and moose hunters. Its on the fish and game web site. I believe that is what he is referring to. There are similar requirements in Areas 17B and 19B for non-residents.

Default Caribou hunting partner

Bill is right, Its about game care etc.

Default Thanks

I took that on-line in prep for my 2009 trip. Printed it out in case anyone asked for it...but what else should I do with it?