Thread: Lazer Bore Sighters

SwampView AK, Overlooking Mt. Mckinley and Points Beyond.

Default Lazer Bore Sighters

Can I assume that onna those Lazer Bore Sighters would be the ticket for lining up my little Chrony?

I don't wanna buy one it it ain't.

Has anyone done that?
    Is there anyone out thar who knoweth?

Thanks
    Smitty of the North
    Walk Slow, and Drink a Lotta Water.
    Has it ever occurred to you, that Nothing ever occurs to God? Adrien Rodgers.
    You can't out-give God.

Bethel, Cantwell, Fort Yukon, Skagway, Chevak and Point Hope

I have two different Laser Bore sighters and use neither one for lining up my Chrony. They would probably work though.

Hey! If I look thru this empty beer bottle, I think I can see Russia from here!!!

Smitty, you don’t need a laser bore sighter to line up with the chrony…………. The preferred method is to just “eyeball” down the barrel to make sure you aint gonna blast the chrony with the first shot. Mine seems to “read” shots the best when the bullets are less than 5” above the sensors and inboard of the posts an inch or so, but centered is ideal. The other method, and this is the one I would prefer you to use if I was watching; is to just “wing it” and pay no attention to the muzzle in relation to the chronograph……………. This method will occasionally deliver truly spectacular results……………………
    “You’ve gotten soft. You’re like one of those police dogs who’s released in to the wild and gets eaten by a deer or something.” Bill McNeal of News Radio

Alangaq:
    I've been wingin it, (so far without mishap) but I'd like to find a better way.
    Smitty of the North
    You can't out-give God.

Smitty,

How far out from the muzzle are you measuring the velocity?

If you're mostly just looking for muzzle velocity and not down-range velocity, then a length of wood dowling is a lot cheaper than a laser bore sighter. Then you can line things up like Alangaq said earlier but more easily with the dowling as a bore-line extension.

Mike

HuntKodiak:
    The distance varies. Sometimes it's out there maybe 4 to 6 feet.

I could do it closer. I'll try the dowl, and see if it speeds things up for me.

Thanks
    Smitty of the North
    You can't out-give God.