Thread: Hunter Fisher New Ownership?

Default Hunter Fisher New Ownership?

Does anyone know if Hunter Fisher Taxidermy is under new ownership? My buddy said they were; I'm going to contact them this weekend as I've got a critter there for 2 years now. Maybe 2008 will be the year I get my critter back. I'll post any info I find out this weekend.

Yes I heard they were. I hope you get your animal as they lost my buddies moose cape and have had his black bear for almost 2 years.

I wish the new owner luck as he has his work cut out for him

WOW!! It sounds as if a change of management was in order here. I havn't dealt with the place but I hope that the result is a fair price and quality service. It is allways hard to find good specialized services up here that won't break the bank! Please report (w/ pics) the results of there work.

Default new owners

It is under new ownership. Greg Landeis of Soldotna (Tundra Tanning and Taxidermy) and his partner from Wasilla took it over. I think they took over Ninilchik Fish Mounts also.

Default new ownership

Yes it is. The previous owner promised me my brown bear would be done May 07, July 07, Oct 07, Dec 07, and finally a no crap gurantee it would be done by the end of January 08 without a doubt. I called the beginning of February and found out the previous owner was gone for good. So much for the promises. Like many others my brown bear will be going on two years at the shop.

I thought Clint in Big Lake was Tundra Tanning and Taxidermy?

Default Tundra

You are correct, it is Clint and he is the new owner (according to him anyway). Sounds like he has his work cut out in building up the business but he can do it. Has done several jobs for me over the last couple of years and has always been fair.

Randy

Default Suprised

I've had nothing but excellent, timely service from Hunter Fisher on more than one animal. It suprises me to hear that other people are having bad experiences from them.

Default Wow.

I would get the orignal owner's contact info and demand to know why you weren't contacted with this change of ownership while he had your trophy!
    That's outrageous. You presumably paid for HIS expertise.

The "new ownership" stuff doesn't cut it. A phone call isn't too much to ask.

Default time line

I shot a black bear one spring and took it to HF. My hunting partner shot one the following spring and took it to a different taxidermest. I got my bear back about a month before he got his back. HF did good work, it just took forever.

OK, my wife is the rugger at hunterfisher. The problem in the past is that the old owner wouldnt get anything tanned, he owed to much on past bills. My wife worked her tail off to make things right so she can get the hides back. its no excuse and I am not defending the old owner, who by the way is living in costa rica right now. he cut all ties and we dont even have access to him. I have bones to pick with him also.

Clint is doing a great job trying to get things going again. His first job he did was take 2 truckloads of hides to be tanned. He knows (now) what hes in for and he is trying to make things right.

Definitly call, but if a chick answers, please be nice. shes just the rugger but unfortunately shes thrown in the middle cuz she has worked there for a while.

was gonna stay out of this but figured people should know.

Default I'll second Blink

I have had issues with the past owner as well and still have an unresolved issue that looks like will never get remedied. However the gal who does the bear rugs there is top shelf. I would highly recommend taking a bear there for her to work on if Clint can get the business end of things turned around. I always felt bad for her when I had to go in and try to settle accounts with the owner. She is a hard worker and produces some spectacular rugs.

Default sounds familiar

Quote Originally Posted by ward17 View Post
    Yes it is. The previous owner promised me my brown bear would be done May 07, July 07, Oct 07, Dec 07, and finally a no crap gurantee it would be done by the end of January 08 without a doubt. I called the beginning of February and found out the previous owner was gone for good. So much for the promises. Like many others my brown bear will be going on two years at the shop.
    Wow, for a minute I thought you were talking about a book order you placed. Had me scared for a minute there

-Mike
    LOST CREEK COMPANY: Specializing in Alaska hunt consultation and planning for do-it-yourself hunts, fully outfitted hunts, and guided hunts.
    CLICK HERE to send me a private message.
    Web Address: http://alaskaoutdoorssupersite.com/hunt-planner/
    Mob: 1 (907) 229-4501
    "Dream big, and dare to fail." -Norman Vaughan
    "I have climbed my mountain, but I must still live my life." - Tenzig Norgay

Default H&F Rugger

Blink

I have talked to your wife many times through this whole ordeal and she has been a great help. She would always give me a straight answer as opposed to the complete lies I received from tom. I went back and forth on the 3/4 mount vs the rug and wish I could go back in time and just have her do the rug for me.

When I found out he was out of the country i was a little pissed to say they the least. I talked to him weeks before he took off and he acted like everything was great and my bear would be done any day. For months mine was always the "next" one to be mounted. I paid in full because he said he would get it done quicker (that should have been my first warning sign).

I am pretty sure I will never shoot another brown bear like the one I am waiting on so I can only hope this story has a happy end. If not my wife is going to skin me considering the money i spent on the hunt and taxidermy so far.