Thread: cabelas cg15 vac.sealer

Default cabelas cg15 vac.sealer

does anyone know who really makes this sealer? Obviously Cabelas doesn't. Also what other bags can be used with it, and is it really worth the $400 for it? I have no problem spending, if it is really worth it in the long run---buying bags from Cabela's could be a pain! Ddin't know what forum to put this on, but seems like we almost all smoke or vac. pack fish. Thanks, bob in homer

don't know who makes them....
    I own one but have used several others...

-Easier to line up the bag
    -Hands free once you close the lid (very nice)
    -Nice wide sealing bar, one seal instead of doing 2 with the foodSaver
    -Very easy to clean
    -You can use any bag in them, ie FoodSaver bags from Wal-Mart...Actually I prefer the FoodSaver bags to the ones from Cabelas...the Cabelas bags use a membrane inside the bag to aid in evacuating air where the FoodSaver bags use the ribbed/grooved bags (no membrane)

More expensive
    Doesn't do a better job than the other sealers (suction wise)
    Big and Heavy

The only way that it would make sense to me to buy another would be if they last a lot longer than the others. I can't report on longevity as I've only had mine for a year but it has performed without any Overheating...the most I've put it through was 254 filets in one afternoon last July and a couple hundred pounds of moose in one sitting last fall,so just typical homeowner use...
    If I had it to do over again I would just pick up a lightly used sealer from Craig List, I've seen a few on there lately
    pull my finger....

Eagle River (Home!)

After having 5 different food savers of which only 1 currently works I bought the cabelas one for $400. Yep it is heavy but two bags at a time, easy to use, if you have a discount from cabelas you can save some money on bags, and I like the controls on it. I used over 700 bags last summer and this thing out performs any food saver I've owned. I'm sure there are other better ones most for a lot more money but I consider this the best of the reasonably priced models, yep for $1500 you can get something better but I'm happy with this model.

Default Vacuum Seal

The product used to made by a compay called Food Saver, not sure they still market with Cabela's. They will seal any bags I have used.

Wasilla, Alaska, United States

Default vac sealer

I bought the comercial grade vacuum sealer from cabelas. I love it to death, I have a friend with a fish wheel on the copper and we seal about 6+ hours a day while we are there and I have not had a single problem with it. It is well worth the $400.00. So just skip the food saver and save your self money in the long run.

I agree the food saver can and will burn up if you use it a lot (I have been thru 2 now). I finally bought the $1500 unit from Cabela's and it works great, and I get 1000 4 mil. bags for $55 (not from Cabela's) which makes it all worth it for as often as I use my sealer.