Thread: EZ Anchor #15 3/8 Rope Capacity?

Default EZ Anchor #15 3/8 Rope Capacity?

Anyone using a #15 EZ Anchor Puller that can give me some information on how much rope capacity you can get on a #15. I am looking for an EZ Anchor Puller that could possibly give me close to 600' of 3/8 rope with 26 feet of 5/8ths chain. I don't want any bigger than a #15 and that is the only one that doesn't list estimated length for 3/8 rope. I am using 1/2 rope today but really don't think I need anymore than 3/8.

Thanks in advance.

Derrick
    ... aboard the 'Memory Maker' Making Memories one Wave at a Time!

Default Ez Anchor Puller

I have an Ez Anchor puller but I am not sure which model it is. I am using 3/8 line and 30ft of 3/8 chain. The 3/8 line is around 500ft long. I had this anchor puller installed on my 2007 Coldwater. One thing I would do is replace the plastic mounting plate on the bottom of the winch with a 3/8" or thicker alumium plate. My plastic plate broke and the setup came off and went into the Ocean. Ez Anchor paid for fixing the winch.

Quote Originally Posted by captaindd View Post
    I have an Ez Anchor puller but I am not sure which model it is. I am using 3/8 line and 30ft of 3/8 chain. The 3/8 line is around 500ft long. I had this anchor puller installed on my 2007 Coldwater. One thing I would do is replace the plastic mounting plate on the bottom of the winch with a 3/8" or thicker alumium plate. My plastic plate broke and the setup came off and went into the Ocean. Ez Anchor paid for fixing the winch.

Thanks Captain!!

Hi DMan!
    That is one very large unit. I asume you are going to mount it on your Hewescraft. Curious as to why that unit? I do like the way it is self contained, no worry about below deck and rode lockers etc.

Henry

Quote Originally Posted by AlaskaM5 View Post
    Hi DMan!
    That is one very large unit. I asume you are going to mount it on your Hewescraft. Curious as to why that unit? I do like the way it is self contained, no worry about below deck and rode lockers etc.

Henry
    The smaller units don't come near 600' of rode with chain. I would like to have as close to 600' with chain as possible. This wouldn't be going on the Hewes......